Chapter 19: Two Different Games

Rochelle POV

So here I am thinking about everything that transpired over the past couple of days, and I can honestly say that with everything going on I am glad to be surrounded by people who honestly care about me.

I'm getting myself ready to head out out with Tyler's family and those that I call mine to the arena to watch Tyler and the guys go up against the Panthers again.

As I got to the lobby I see Matt and Kennedy, Jayson and Amber along with Tyler's sisters standing in a little huddle talking.

Just as I was about to make my way over to them, I heard my name being called.

"ROCHELLE"

I turned around to look at who was calling for me and to my surprise I see Jacob, my so called birth mother and my birth father. I had no clue that the even knew where I was but something inside me it was Jacob's doing.

I stood in my spot, a variety of emotions going thru me. I wanted to turn my back and move away but something just didn't want me to move.

"Well, well. If it isn't the little whore of Ft. Lauderdale." My birth mother Angelina called out as she got closer to me.

I couldn't say anything. My mind froze. How and why she could say this to me makes no sense. Why did she hate me so much? I thought as a mother and female herself, she would understand.

"What nothing to say? How original of you." My father Carson spat out.

"See I told you Mr and Mrs Parker, she obviously doesn't have the heart to defend herself." Jacob said with an amused tone in his voice.

"Don't you think you should leave?" Angelina spat out.

I grew tired of all their crap. I couldn't take it anymore. I'm tired of letting them talk to me like that. They are the ones that disowned me. So I did what my true family always said I needed to do. Grow a backbone.

"I'm sorry do I know the two of you?" I couldn't help it. They didn't want me to be apart of their lives why should I indulge them.

"DON'T YOU TALK TO YOUR MOTHER LIKE THAT." Carson spat out.

By this time I noticed that Matt and Jayson heard that and turned in my direction.

"Mother, are you kidding me right now. I don't have a mother and I certainly do not have a father. You lost that right when you guys disowned me." I said actually remaining calm. "You believed this poor excuse for a male species over your own daughter.

By then I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see who was touching me. And to my surprise it was Tyler's mom.

"Darlin, come on. We don't want to keep your man waiting any longer." Jackie said smiling.

"Oh that's right Mr and Mrs Parker. She is dating that hockey player I told you about." Jacob said smugly.

"A hockey player, really Rochelle? Go from one to another huh? You know he is gonna leave you just like that piece of trash did. You should go with a man that has a respectable job like Jacob here." Angelina said.

"This hockey player you're talking about is my son. And I can tell you that he is more of a man that what this guy is. Any man who puts his hands on a woman to the point where she is in an inch of her life is no man. And to call her a whore because she was a surrogate to a beautiful couple, you have some nerve. And you call yourself parents. Just waste of space and air is what you both are." Jackie spoke out and I was totally blown away. "This young woman has a heart of gold. A pure soul. And I am proud to have her part of my family." She turns to me and smiles. "Come darling your man awaits."