𝐸𝑃𝐼𝐿𝑂𝐺𝑈𝐸

PALE AQUA

"JUST STAY CALM."

Loki sucked in a deep breath, her hands fidgeting with the wand in her hand. She didn't worry so much about anyone seeing the object, as it was dark and she was alone in a gate-surrounded park with many overgrown plants around. Loki was waiting for someone, anxiously, with absolutely no idea if he would even turn up.

Then she heard footsteps followed by the snap of a branch, and her head whipped up to where it came from, her wand at the ready. She noticed the silhouette, followed by the tip of a wand that wasn't hers lighting up. The figure, the male she'd been waiting for, locked eyes with Loki and smiled.

"Remus," she let out a breath of relief, standing up and hastily stumbling over herself to give him a hug. She buried her face into his warm chest as his arms snaked around her waist. "Oh, it's good to see you again." She spoke with a large grin resting on her face. Loki pulled back and gazed up at him. "I was afraid you wouldn't turn up."

"I could say the same to you, actually," Remus replied, his hand brushing some of Loki's dark hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. "How have you been?"

"Great, actually," Loki answered. "Even better now, but yeah, brilliant. The boys have been bugging me about signing their Hogsmeade form for next year, no matter how many times I tell them I'll get to it."

"The boys," Remus gently smiled at the mention of the twins. "Pollux and Castor, right?" Loki nodded with a hum.

"I'll have to show you the photo I have," Loki spoke, finally tucking her wand into her carry bag.

"Yeah," Remus, suddenly remembering why he invited her to Grimmauld Place in the first place, let out a soft breath, pulling away from Loki. "Are you ready to go?"

"I still don't know what you want to show me, but yes. I believe I'm ready." She nodded.

Remus smiled, his hand slipping from her waist to her hand, gently intertwining his fingers with hers. He began leading Loki out of the park. She let him do so, taking the time to gaze at him.

In the months since she'd last seen anything of Remus, which only happened to be a photo her sons sent with him in the background, he looked much happier, although tired. She noticed the healing cuts on his neck and face, knowing it to be from the full moon a little over a week ago. She still thought he was handsome, with the occasional glance or expression he made giving her flashbacks from their time together in school. She could tell how tired he felt, how he'd given up so much in terms of feeling happiness and joy. Loki could see the small flickers of hope in his eyes, lighting up like thousands of fireflies every time their eyes connected.

"You taught the boys," Loki spoke up. Remus looked back at her. "Pollux and Castor. You taught them. I only just remembered that."

"Yes," Remus averted his gaze to the ground for a moment. "I could tell they were your sons. Even though Pollux seems to be a Metamorphmagus."

"I'd blame that on you," Loki smiled softly. Remus furrowed his brows at her as they stopped in the middle of the street in front of the joint homes of Grimmauld Place, standing between eleven and thirteen.

"What do you mean?" Remus queried.

"I'm saying, Remus, that Pollux is your son." Loki grabbed his arm with her free hand, grinning as she gently squeezed. Remus stared in shock, frozen. "And Castor, Merlin, once you get a comparison you can see the resemblance between him and Sirius." She gazed up at the tall man, who seemed to be comprehending it rather slowly. "They're not identical twins, Rem."