𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝑇𝑊𝑂

RAZZMATAZZ

"SIRIUS, I CAN'T."

"Yes, you can, Princess," Sirius grabbed the girl's hands, a grin on his face. Loki shook her head once more at the boy. "I'll be here to guide you. Come on."

"I have two left feet," Loki protested. She ignored the flush in her cheeks at their hands' contact. "And is this really a song to slow dance too? I mean, why are we slow dancing again?"

"Because I'm bored, and you're the only cool person I want to hang out with right now seeing as Remus is sick."

"How is Remus, by the way?" Loki queried. She hadn't heard from the tall male in a few days, with the only explanation was because he was sick. "I hope he's getting better."

"He's doing much better now. Don't worry, I'm making sure he's well looked after." Sirius smiled at her, then pulled her closer to him. "I've to get you to concentrate, though, Princess. You'll never learn to dance if you're getting distracted all the time."

"Uh--uh, okay." Loki averted her gaze, staring at her feet. Sirius let go of one of Loki's hands and turned up the radio he'd set up. "What've I got to do?" She waited for Sirius's words as his hand slipped back into hers, the muggle music filling up the quiet space, save the crackling fireplace.

"Here, it's easier if we get into proper position," the boy's hand let go of Loki's. She felt it slip around her waist, tugging her closer once more. It moved up to her shoulder, and Loki's eyes flicked up to Sirius's. "Put your hand on my shoulder now."

"Here?" She did as he said, placing it gently on top. He nodded and grinned. "Now what?"

"Now we move the feet," Sirius replied. Loki's eye's widened in terror. He laughed. "Don't worry, I'll lead you. I wouldn't be your Prince if I couldn't dance, either. And they're simple steps, anyway."

"Okay," Loki whispered, her gaze falling back to her feet.

"Nu-uh." Sirius's hand moved to Loki's chin, and tilted her face back up "You've got to keep your eyes on me, Princess." His hand moved back to her shoulder as he kept staring into her eyes. "Easy way is to step to the side with one foot, then put them back together. Then you do the same with the other foot."

"So, foot out, then back in. Then repeat?" Sirius nodded at her.

"Let's start with your right foot, yeah?" He gently nudged her right foot. "Ready? Foot out--" they both their foot out "--and back." Loki and Sirius put their foot back. "Then repeat." Loki and Sirius followed the few steps, and Sirius grinned widely. "Okay, now let's try again, and see if we can go a bit faster."

The pair repeated the steps several times over, each time slowly getting quicker with their movements. Within another two minutes, Loki had managed to stumble over her feet only thrice. Sirius also achieved teaching Loki how to spin with him. The music changed to something more upbeat halfway through, which didn't match the moves Sirius was teaching the girl. They paused and laughed together.

After laughing for a few moments at how odd it was, the pair ended up together on the couch. Sirius pulled her legs onto his as they laid against the armrest on either end, facing each other. They were still close, with their hips being only millimetres apart.

"You were outstanding, Princess," Sirius smiled, squeezing her hand that was still interlocked with his. "Of course we've still got to work on where you're looking, but other than that I'd say you're almost a natural."

"That's only because I have an excellent teacher," Loki replied shyly. "I wouldn't have been able to do anything without you there." Loki smiled at him, returning his hand squeeze.

"Loki--" Sirius's words caught in his throat. He stared at the girl in front of him, choking on the words he wanted to say. Loki cocked her head at him. "I wanted to tell you that--" he cursed himself."

"What is it, Sirius?" Loki queried, her frightened tone evident. This furthered Sirius's own internal panic. "Is something the matter?"

"No--no!" Sirius lightly laughed off the question. "I--shit." Sirius sat up, and Loki followed. He'd never had a problem with girls before, why was it so hard for him now? "I have something to... tell you."

"Oh--okay," Loki gulped. She pondered the multitude of possibilities waiting for her.

And so sat two teenagers in the Gryffindor Common Room, both internally freaking out over their situation.

"Look," Sirius grabbed the girl's hands tightly, "I just want you to know that no matter what you say, I won't freak out or get mad or whatever. I'll still be your friend, Princess. No hard feelings."

"Sirius, you--you're starting to freak me out," Loki told him, staring into his dark eyes.

"Yeah, right, sorry," Sirius shook his head. He let out a deep breath to clear his head and calm his nerves. "Let me just get on with it."

He muttered the last line to himself, the small note Lucy sent him crossing his mind as he gazed at Loki. The curvy letters that told him to hurry up and tell her. The threat. Sirius blinked, returning to his present.

"Loki, Princess, I... I--I like you," Sirius confessed, though it sounded more like a question. "I mean, I've liked you for a little bit now, so... yeah." He averted his gaze. He wasn't used to feeling so awkward.

A moment of silence passed.

"I feel like now would be a terrible time to tell you I kissed Remus on Christmas," Loki spoke. Sirius's eyes snapped back to the girl. "It was just a small kiss, and he told me he liked me, and I'm really just con--"

"Are you two dating, then?" Sirius's question startled Loki. She blinked, then rapidly shook her head. "Well, how do you feel about him?"

"I mean, I--I--I've liked him for as long as I've liked you, Sirius, so I'm really confused right now," Loki sighed. She pulled a hand away from Sirius's to grab a fistful of her hair to tug.

Sirius stared in disbelief at her. Knowing Remus liked Loki completely threw him for a loop. He knew he couldn't force her to choose, and he didn't want to. All he wanted was to see her happy.

"I don't want you to think you have to choose," Sirius smiled, running his thumb over the back of the girl's hand he held. "You do what you want, okay? I won't judge."

"Thank you, Sirius," Loki sighed. She lowered her hand, and a small blush formed on her cheeks. Loki leant forward slightly. "Do you mind if I just..." she trailed off, averting her gaze.

"Here," Sirius tilted her chin up with his free hand and pressed his lips against hers. When they pulled away Loki's face turned bright red. He smiled, poking her nose. "Now go, little Princess, I'm sure you have better things to do

"I'll see you later, then," Loki replied. She stood up, keeping her eyes anywhere but Sirius's face. "Thank you for the dance lesson."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

so... this happened completely different to what i was thinking. o.o not sure if i like it, or if I'm going to delete it later...

um, also, y'all know this is the year where sirius sends snape to get killed by remus, which means that there's gonna be an argument. which means that loki's gonna have to deal with that. yeah... 

anyway!! hope you're having a great day. drink water, stay hydrated! get a snack! until next time, comment, vote, do whatever! bye!! :)