𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐸𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁

MIDNIGHT BLUE

"I LIKE YOU."

Loki paused, then sighed at herself. She frowned at her reflection in the Black Lake, quickly turning back to Remus. The boy in question sat leant against one of the trees nearby. The girl wasn't quite sure if he was sleeping or not. She stood up from the edge of the grass, dusting off any grass that may have stuck to her robes, and crept up to the boy. She peered at him for at least a solid minute, attempting to decipher if he was, in fact, asleep or not.

One of his eyes cracked open, and he gave the girl a pained smile. "Are you going to join me or not?" The sixth-year boy inquired, a teasing tone in his strained.

"Sorry," Loki quickly muttered before taking a seat beside the boy. She was sure she had sat too close and went to move over. Remus placed his head on her shoulder, stopping her before she even began.

"Why are you apologising?" Remus asked. "You don't have to apologise for anything. I should be the one saying sorry." Loki couldn't properly focus on the male's words.

He-He's on my shoulder. He's on my shoulder!

"How about I take you to Hogsmeade?" Remus's voice came back into focus. Loki paused, staring at the still water's surface. "Loki?"

"I--I'm sorry," she silently cursed her self, "I blanked. What was that?"

The boy laughed, something that felt odd against the girl's neck. "I said I wanted to thank you. Then I asked if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend. We can go present shopping, because it's the last trip before the Christmas break, and then I can treat you."

"You want to take me to Hogsmeade?" Loki couldn't stop the stupid question from falling from her lips. Remus laughed, forcing himself to get off Loki's shoulder so he could laugh out loud. The girl cowered slightly.

"Of course," his overly green eyes turned to the girl.

"Alone?"

"Yep."

"Just the two of us?"

"Pretty sure that's the same as the last question." Remus frowned but waved it off. "So, what do you say?"

"I--I--I," Loki swallowed the lump in her throat, taking a moment or two to think. "I--I guess I'll go. Yes. I will." Remus grinned. His head went back on her shoulder, and Loki's hand almost immediately flew up to his hair, scratching the scalp slightly. "Thank you."

"No--" a soft grunt of pain sounded from the boy "-- thank you, Loki." He shifted slightly, lifting his head for a moment. "I was the one who asked you to skip. I'm sure you wanted to go to class and hear the teacher drone on and on about some magical technique they've already gone over at least twice." Loki chuckled, feeling her face flush slightly. Remus lifted his eyebrow at her. "So, I'm not wrong?"

"No, you're not," she shook her head. Loki leat back against the tree, her hand still toying with the boy's light brown locks as he rested on her shoulder again. This time she tried her hardest not to tense, instead choosing to focus on the dark cloud that floated above. "It's going to storm soon," she hummed.

When Remus didn't respond, Loki frowned. She didn't dare move too far, only until she could see the boy's face slightly. His breathing had calmed, and his body seemed somewhat limp. His eyes were closed, and a tranquil expression rested on his face.

Oh, Loki thought, he's asleep.

The realisation that the boy on her shoulder had somehow found it comfy enough to fall asleep on startled her. She stayed very still, not even moving to adjust herself when her leg began to lose feeling. She pondered if maybe she could get a small nap in. After all, her History of Magics class was going for two lessons that day, and she had a free at the end. She might as well get comfy because she had no idea when the boy beside her would wake up.