𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑆𝐼𝑋𝑇𝑌 𝑆𝐼𝑋

CE SOIR

"I FEEL SICK."

"Do you want to go see Madame Pomfrey?" Sirius queried, looking down at Loki as they walked side-by-side. He stepped in front of her, forcing her to stop, and pressed a hand to her forehead. "You don't feel warm. What's the matter, Princess?"

"It's not actual sickness, Sirius," Loki responded, brushing off his hand. She, however, couldn't stop the smile from appearing on her face at his actions. "A lot of things are going on right now, and it's just a bit..."

"Overwhelming?" Loki hummed as he returned to her side. He lifted his gaze to the ceiling. A sigh slipped from his mouth. "I can understand that. Do you want to talk about it?" He glanced back to her.

"No. It's probably not something I should share, anyway," Loki responded. "You know, this year I've had to keep a lot to myself. It's kind of funny, but also slightly worrying."

"Oh yeah," Sirius grinned. He let out a soft laugh as he thought back and hung an arm over her shoulders. "You really have been through a lot this year."

"Good things came out of it, though," Loki admitted, her face burning slightly as she gazed up at Sirius. He smiled at her, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Yeah, without it, I'm sure Remus and I would never have gotten together," she sighed.

"What happened to the sweet Hufflepuff I fell in love with?" Sirius mocked hurt. "She was so nice. I miss her."

"I hung out with you too much," Loki teased, poking the arm on her shoulder. "You've corrupted me."

"You know you love me," Sirius scrunched his nose at her.

"Sadly," she spoke, stopping them both to stand on her tiptoes and kiss his cheek.

"If we keep stopping, we're never going to get to the library in time to fit in that hour of study you wanted, Princess," Sirius noted, keeping his voice as he kept close to Loki. "Unless you've decided to scrap the whole idea?" He queried, and the Hufflepuff immediately picked up on the hint of hope laced in his words.

Loki let out a laugh, pulling away from the Gryffindor. "You aren't getting out of studying, you know that, Sirius," Loki responded. "No matter how charming you may be, you'll never convince me."

"Worth a shot, though, hey?" He grinned, running a hand through his dark hair. Loki rolled her eyes in response and continued down the corridor to the library. "Princess, come on! I remember when I could win you over with just a look your way."

"It's been a long year, Sirius," Loki called back to the boy. "I've had time to get used to your devilishly good looks."

You're trying to keep my ego down, but you're so bad at it," Sirius couldn't hide his smile. "I don't even have to prompt you for compliments. You're giving them to me for free."

"Oh, shush," Loki span around, glaring playfully at the boy. He laughed loudly in reply.

"THAT'S NOT RIGHT."

"What's not?"

Loki peered at the boy across from her, gazing at his face half-hidden by his dark locks of hair. He rested his forehead on his palm, his fingers tangled in the small section of hair that fell out of the bun he put it up into. His dark eyes scanned the parchment in front of him. She waited, taking a moment to watch his eyes flick from his paper to the questions on the sheet of parchment beside him. Loki bit back a grin.

"The way I've answered this question doesn't sound right," he replied, his eyes flicking up to meet Loki's green ones. "Could you check it for me?" He spun the parchment pieces around to the Hufflepuff, who nodded and tucked her hair behind her ears before examining both written sections. "I'm not sure if I understood the question right or if I just am stupid." Sirius let out a gentle laugh.

Loki cracked a smile, then raised her head. "It's all good. You're statement just seems a little weak because you're unsure of what you're writing, is all. You've understood the question perfectly, now you've just got to show that."

"Thanks, Princess," Sirius grinned, taking back the paper. "This is why I knew it was a good idea to study with you," he added. "You're, like, all-knowing when it comes to schoolwork."

Loki hummed, a frown falling upon her face. She diverted her gaze to the window, staring at the stained glass for several moments. A multiplicity of thoughts crossed her mind. She hummed again, turning her attention back to her parchment paper. She couldn't stop her gaze from moving to Sirius, who caught it and offered her a smile. She returned it.

"What's on your mind, Princess?" He spoke softly.

"I just... I'm thinking about my mum," Loki admitted. Sirius cocked his head at her. "I can't help but wonder about her and my dad. You know I love you, Sirius, and I just want to know if my dad knew my mum loved him." She sighed, then shook her head. "Just ignore me. I'm a bit of an emotional mess at the moment."

"That's alright, Princess," Sirius placed his quill into his inkpot, moving it to clutch Loki's left hand, which held her own quill. "If it makes you feel any better, you've got your brother back, and you've got Remus and me to always ramble to. Your favourite hobby." He smirked.

"You can't help slipping in something to embarrass me, can you?" Loki giggled.

"I do it because I know you end up siling, and that's my favourite thing in the world," he replied. Loki burned red, averting her gaze. "And this reaction."

"Oh, shush," Loki murmured. "We should just get back to studying so we're not unprepared for the exams."

"I'm going to tease you a lot later," Sirius warned, grinning widely as he pulled away and picked his quill up again.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Hello lovelies, how are you? I hope you're doing well, drinking water and eating enough. If you haven't been having a good day, I'm here if you need to talk or just rant. I worry about you all.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and thank you for reading. I love you, and I'll see you next time. bye! :)