𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇

LIME

"FIRST GAME, BOYS!"

Loki grinned as the Hufflepuff team entered the Great Hall. The entire Hufflepuff table, as well as some other house supporters, erupted into applause and cheers. Loki stood from her sight when she spotted Nicolas, eagerly clapping for the boy. Despite the fact that she wasn't a big fan, she still had to cheer her house on. Donning everything dedicated to Hufflepuff that Nicolas had picked out, she appeared to be a number one fan.

"Cool it, Lemon," Sirius chuckled, looking up at the girl as he lightly clapped for the Hufflepuff team.

The Ravenclaws, sitting behind the Gryffindor table where Loki was, scowled at the yellow team. They grumbled, turning back to their various meals. Loki hid the smirk on her lips at their reactions and sat down. She was in between Peter, who happily took the Hufflepuff scarf from the girl, and Sirius at their house table. James sat across from them, and Remus was nowhere in sight.

"Surprised you didn't react," James pointed out, grinning at the girl.

"This is the one time I'm letting it slide," she spoke, turning to shoot a warning look at the boy beside her.

"Is that a threat?" Sirius raised his brow, as smirk pulled at his lips.

At his intense gaze, Loki couldn't help but cower, turning her own eyes to her toast. The surrounding boys laughed in amusement. She flushed.

"You realise that if Hufflepuff wins, they're going to be going against us," James told the girl, pointing between him and Sirius.

"Mm-hmm." She nodded. "And I will still wear Hufflepuff colours."

"And here I was thinking I could trust you," Sirius playfully glared at her. She bit back her smile as she tore off a piece of toast.

"Wow," Loki looked up to see Remus sitting down across from her. "I'm glad to know who you're supporting. It was the first thing I saw when I walked in." Loki averted her eyes again in embarrassment. "Well, that and the eagle hat someone made."

The other four turned around. Their eyes scanned the Ravenclaw table. They stopped when they saw the tall blue hat with an eagle spreading its wings, perched on the rim. There were multiple flowers decorating it as well. They all wondered how they hadn't seen it previously. Loki believed it would be a good source of inspiration and then made a mental note to ask about it.

"Loki!" The girl turned back, her eyes darting until they landed on Nicolas. She waved at him and gave him a thumbs up.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!"

Loki cheered as the two teams spilled onto the pitch. Madame Hooch, the relatively new flying class teacher, exited onto the pitch as well. The two captains, Douglas Weatherbee and Julius Murth shook hands, their gaze intense.

They well knew the drama between the two captains throughout the school. Douglas had been caught fooling with Julius' twin sister... By Julius. On his bed. To get back at him, Julius had placed a salamander in the boy's bed, which had then been torn to shreds by Douglas's cat. In his sheets. Ever since then, the two friends broke off from one another. They absolutely despised each other.

Loki cringed away, despite the huge distance already. From beside her, as he offered to join the girl, Peter cringed as well. The tension was so thick, it could be seen, and felt, from miles away.

A whistle blew from the ground, and the reporter, Stanley Elton, immediately began speaking.

"The teams are off!" He cried. "Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff! Chaser Emilia Dorris has the Quaffle, swiftly speeding towards Ravenclaw's goal. She gets ready to–ooh!"

Emilia halts, quickly averting another way as Douglas flies in front of her. She rolls in the air, stopping right before she hits the stands. With a scowl, the girl continues to fly at the goals.

"And she's recovered! She goes to pass it to Gregory Finnigan... Only to be intercepted by Fletcher Wallace!" Stanley comments.

The entire Hufflepuff supporting side groans as Ravenclaw's supporters cheer wildly. Loki keeps her eyes trained on the Chasers, occasionally glancing up to where Nicolas and Oliver Corinth are circling, their eyes peeled for any flash of gold. There are a few moments when Nicolas dives slightly, throwing off Oliver, who dives as well.

"And Wallace goes to shoot!" Loki looks back to the game. "But it's too slow! Julius Murth has saved the Hufflepuff goal!"

Loki turns to Peter and high-fives the boy. He grins at her, and the pair go back to watching eagerly. Loki can't help but hope for her team's victory.

The minutes that flew by felt like seconds. When Nicolas finally, for real this time, spotted the Snitch Hufflepuff was on seventy and Ravenclaw was only ten points behind. Remus, Sirius and James had joined Loki and Peter, and all were cheering. Nicolas was a few inches in front of Oliver.

"And as Jones and Corinth race for the Snitch, McKelvey shoots for the middle hoop!" Loki's eyes avert to Ravenclaw's goal. "And it's in!"

Hufflepuff's supporters cheer loudly. Then they immediately quietened when. There was a loud crash. All heads turned to the ground. Oliver and Nicolas were sprawled on the ground.

"Nicolas!" Loki shouted, leaning over the edge of the stands. She felt a hand grip the back of her jumper tightly, preventing her from going any further, but didn't pay it any mind. "Come on, Nicolas!"

Loki was one of several people shouting at the Seekers to get up. Nicolas rolled into his side. Loki sucked in a sharp breath as she watched him. He lifted his head to look at his clenched fist that rested across his stomach.

Did he...?

Nicolas raised his arm in the air, flinching at it. He opened it, keeping his thumb and forefinger pressed tightly against the Golden Snitch.

"He has the Snitch!" Stanley screamed into the mic. "Nicolas Jones has the Snitch!"

The entire Hufflepuff house burst in manic screams. Loki grinned wildly, pulling herself back. She collided with someone and turned around.

At the sight of Sirius, she seemed to grin wider.

"Go celebrate with him, Lemon," the boy patted her back. Loki nodded, immediately heading past to run down to her best friend.