𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝐼𝐹𝑇𝑌 𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸

➪ PACIFIKA

"LOKI. HUGS. NOW."

Loki turned away from her homework, looking up at Nicolas. He let out a long sigh, dropping down beside the girl. Loki didn't hesitate before wrapping her arms around her best friend. Nicolas lazily draped his arms over her and rested his head on her shoulder.

"Did you speak with James?" She inquired.

"Loki," Nicolas let out a loud groan.

"Nic, I'll keep bugging you about it."

"Yes, yes, I spoke with him," Niclas responded with a huff. "I mean, he spoke to me first."

"And?" Loki prompted, keeping one arm hugging him as she used her left to continue her homework.

"And nothing," Nicolas sighed. "He gave me a note after he told me he wanted a bit more time to process or whatever. It said he wanted to chat somewhere in a few days, so it was more private. I don't know what there is to process, though. Simple, does he like me or not? Is he attracted to dudes or not?"

"Nic, you have to remember that James was influenced by alcohol, too. I could smell it in the drinks they had, so he might not have a good memory about it," Loki spoke up as she dotted her final 'i' in the sentence she wrote. "You also have to realise that maybe that was the first time he's been exposed to something like that. He probably very confused about how he's supposed to be feeling."

Nicolas looked over at Loki, watching as she scribbled away on the piece of parchment. He hummed, resting his head against her shoulder. He closed his eyes as he breathed deeply.

"I'll go talk to him later."

"WE FOUND YOU!"

Loki looked up from her palette. Max, Marlene, Lucy and Peter smiled down at her. She grinned in return, setting down her palette and paintbrush.

"I'm surprised to see you alone," Marlene spoke, being the first to sit down beside the girl. "You're usually hanging out with Nicolas, Remus and Sirius or one of us, at least."

"Wait, we weren't intruding, were we? I hope we aren't interrupting you," Peter queried in a hasty panic, his voice filled with a tone of concern and guilt.

"No, no, Peter," Loki replied with a shake of her head and a reassuring grin. "I was just enjoying the weather. A small burst of creativity came over me. Nothing to worry over."

"So," Lucy sat down next, tucking her legs underneath, "where are the boys? Marlene already told me she saw Nicolas and James earlier, but what about Remus and Sirius?" She let out a sharp whistle, which drew everyone's attention to her.  She ducked her head in embarrassment. "Sorry. Just ignore that."

Exchanging glances, Loki and the other's didn't question Lucy's whistle.

"Merlin only knows where those two are," Loki spoke, shooting Lucy a smile as she pulled their attention back to her. "We ate breakfast together and then went our separate ways. I've been out here most of today, save a short trip to the kitchens a while ago."

"They're probably planning a prank together, then," Marlene shrugged. "Anyway, what are you painting, Loki?" Marlene queried, leaning closer to the girl, peering over her shoulder. Her eyes widened at the portrait she saw on the canvas. "Wow. That's..."