𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸

CREAM

"WHAT TO DO?"

Loki paced her common room, her hands tugging at her short locks and her teeth nibbling her lip. Nicolas lazily lounged on the sofa in front of her. His hands held a warm mug carefully as it rested on his stomach. Loki continued to mutter under her breath, her pacing becoming much more frantic as the waves of emotion rolled off her hunched body. Nicolas sighed. He sat up, placed the mug on the table beside him and stared at his best friend in annoyance.

"You could stop pacing, for one." He suggested, leaning over, clasping his hands together as he rested his arms on his legs. Loki shot him a dirty look. "What? You wanted suggestions."

"Yeah. Helpful ones." She retorted. "And also, it was a rhetorical question."

"Someone's in a foul mood," Nicolas frowned. "Is it because of the whole situation or, um..." He vaguely gestured to her body.

Loki got the message he was trying to send and flushed deeply.

"It's the entire situation!" She replied. Loki crossed her arms over her chest self-consciously as she finally stopped her pacing. Nicolas grinned.

"I mean, I have absolutely no idea what to do!" She stressed. "Sirius and Remus now know that I've secretly drawn them. And if they tell others everyone's going to think I'm a creep!"

"They won't tell," Nicolas sighed.

"And what happens if they figure out I like them?" Loki asked. The boy rolled his eyes at the fact that she had completely ignored him. "What happens then, huh?" She looked over to him.

"I'm surprised they haven't figured it out already," Nicolas shrugged, grabbing the mug and taking a long sip.

"What in Merlin's beard is that supposed to mean?" Loki frowned, her anxiety spiking up. "Are you telling me they already know?"

"No. No, no, no, no, no. Merlin no." Nicolas shook his head. "They may be smart, but I'm telling you right now. Most boys are oblivious little shits. I'm just saying that they won't be oblivious for long because you're not the most subtle person. Especially if you three have another little encounter again."

Loki shot the boy a pointed look. He frowned at her, confused. Sighing, Loki opened her mouth to explain

"Oh, Loki, there's someone I like! They're so awesome. They have nice hair.  Look! We're both in Divination!" Nicolas grimaced as Loki put on a strange and high-pitched voice. "That's what I have to deal with."

"Please, please, never do impressions again," Nicolas grimaced. "And you have no right to tell me about this. You're a thousand times worse than I am."

"Really?" Loki asked, not believing him.

"Yes," Nicolas replied.

"Show me then." The pair stared intensely at one another. Nicolas grinned.

"Fine." The boy cleared his throat. "Oh, wow, Nicolas. Look at them. They're so handsome. Sirius looks so good with his tie hanging loosely like that. And Remus's hair..." Nicolas dramatically sighed, keeping his voice very high pitched and nasally. "So beautiful."

Loki paused for a second. Her arms stayed folded over her chest and her face stayed blank. After a few moments of silence between the two, Loki opened her mouth.

"I hate you."

Nicolas burst out laughing. He snorted loudly enough that a few other Hufflepuff's turned their way, unable to ignore the pair any longer. Several students muttered something or shushed them. The pair shot them all sheepish grins before turning back to one another.

"This is your problem, Loki," Nicolas grinned, finishing off the drink. "You need to have more confidence. Not just with them, but everyone. If you wanna be their anything, you gotta be a friend of their friends."

Loki sighed, running a hand through her hair as she sat beside her friend. "Yeah, I know."

"You know, maybe I should just ask my other friends to come and hang out once. They're great at talking to people, and I think they'll help you come out of the little she'll you've made for yourself." Nicolas suggested. He pinched the girl's cheek.

"Don't do that," she muttered in annoyance, swatting away his hand. "I guess I could give talking to them a try. Maybe eventually? If Remus and Sirius don't talk to me first, you know?" Nicolas nodded.

Loki smiled, huffed, and leant her head back. She was extremely exhausted but didn't want to go to bed and rest up. She felt like a fish fleeing from a predator. The predator, of course, being the scenario where she must talk to the boys she thinks so fondly of.

Nicolas sat straight and stretched his arms over his head. Loki raised a brow at him. He let out a quiet groan before slumping back over.

"Don't you have homework you need to do or something?" Nicolas inquired. "Because I know I sure as hell do."

Loki frowned and thought for a moment. She sat up and her eyes widened.

"Potions homework!" She replied in a rush as she flew from the couch. "Shi–"

"Language!" Nicolas called after her as she ran to the dormitory.

She needed to pray to Merlin more often.