𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑆𝐼𝑋𝑇𝑌 𝑂𝑁𝐸

GIGAS

"WE SHOULD TALK."

Loki's breathing stopped at Remus's words whispered into her ear. She paused eating, her eyes staying glued to her page as she tried to internalise her panic. She spared a glance to the boy, his hazel eyes filled with worry. Loki gulped. Whatever he needed to speak about was clearly frightening him as badly as it did her.

"The three of us," he spoke again. Loki felt like she couldn't breathe at his words. Her eyes darted back to her page, licking her lips.

"Now?" She peered at him without turning her head any further. She watched him nod.

"Sirius is waiting for us already," Remus spoke, gathering his bag. He shot a comforting smile at Loki, but it didn't soothe her nerves any further. "I'll wait for you outside, okay?

Loki nodded to him, placing her spare piece of parchment bookmark in the pages. Her hands trembled as she pulled her bag onto her lap, listening intently to the sound of Remus's footsteps getting further away, and opened it. Her book slid in with ease. Loki inhaled deeply. She attempted to calm her nerves, slinging the bag over her shoulder, and rubbed her fingertips together, nibbling on her lip at the same time. Her stomach knotted, and she felt nauseous as she headed out of the Great Hall after Remus.

"Where are we heading?" Loki queried.

Remus looked down at her and frowned, stopping the girl by gently grabbing her arm. Loki blinked, startled, and hastily averted her gaze.

"You don't need to worry, love," Remus told her. "I promise we're not going to break up with you or anything like that."

"That's not what I'm afraid of," Loki muttered, keeping her head down. "I'm just more frightened because I don't know what's going on," she informed him.

"It's fine, Loki," Remus pressed a kiss to the girl's forehead. "Trust me. We're almost there, anyway, come on."

Loki grabbed the hand he held out to her and let him lead her the rest of the way. He looked back at her every dozen seconds, gave her hand a quick squeeze then turned back. Loki felt a smile grow on her face, gently getting into the rhythm of caressing the back of his hand with her thumb. It comforted her to know nothing terrible was happening, suppressing her anxiety, and she held a sneaking suspicion it helped Remus's as well.

The couple finally reached the empty classroom, greeted by Sirius, who tapped his foot against the wooden floor, anticipating their arrival. He heard the door open, and, with a look of relief, walked over to the pair. However, the thick tension didn't seem to dissipate. Remus and Sirius shared a look. Sirius pulled Remus away slightly, murmuring something, to which Remus looked back at Loki and shrugged in a panicked manner. They conversed for another moment or two, leaving Loki to sit in her deepening pool of anxiety, before returning, both looking terrible frightened.

"You two better have a good explanation," Loki spoke lowly, peering up at the pair.

"Yeah, we, uh, we need to tell you something," Remus replied, shuffling his feet. He tugged on the bottom of his shirt before running a hand through his hair.

"Promise not to tell anyone else?" Sirius queried, speaking with a serious tone she'd only heard once before. Loki's eyes widened, and she nodded. "I'm serious. I trust you, we both do, but we need to make sure, okay?"

"Yes," Loki responded, "yes, of course. I promise. I swear, I won't."

"Okay," Sirius nodded.

The room went silent again. The awkwardness was near unbearable.