𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅

THATCH

"--THAT TO HER."

Loki blinked, lifting her head at the snippet of conversation she heard again. She figured out it was only when the boys' voice raised in volume. She felt the wand that sat in her pocket, then looked at her watch. The pair were in there for over half an hour. Loki felt tempted to walk in and ask if they finished yet.

"That's why?" She could make out Remus's voice, exasperated and sounded ready to quit.

"Remus, you have to understand I was there when it happened!" Loki couldn't help it and pressed her ear to the painting to listen in. "And it's not only that. Snivellus with Lily and the rest of us. And then my brother."

"He could have died."

"I wasn't thinking about that. I was too angry. I swear to Merlin, Moony, I didn't mean to hurt you, or Snape, or anyone. Please, Remus. Please forgive me."

The kitchens seemed to fall quiet as Remus thought. Loki had begun to bite her nails again as she waited for something else to happen. She felt guilty for listening in to their conversation. She knew it was wrong, but she still wanted to listen.

"Just promise me one thing," Remus spoke up again.

"Anything, Remus," Sirius quickly responded.

"I know what you said to Loki—" the girl's eyes widened and she hastily back away from the painting. She refused to hear what else Remus said.

"Why would you say that?" Loki silently whimpered. The bit down on her knuckle and stayed back as she quietly waited for the boys to emerge.

The painting swung open after a minute or two, revealing Remus and Sirius. They emerged laughing, with Remus's arm over Sirius's shoulder and didn't notice Loki staring at them for several moments. She coughed to gain their attention, and when they looked, Sirius broke out into a wide grin.

"You cheeky devil," he cackled. Loki shrugged innocently. "I have to thank you, though. You're brilliant; you know that?"

As soon as the boys got closer, Sirius grabbed Loki and pulled her into a hug. She let out a yelp when he feet lifted off the floor for a second. Sirius set her back down and ruffled her hair.

"I suppose we need to go speak to James and Peter now?" Remus cocked his head.

"I guess," Sirius shrugged, turning back to the taller male. "You think they'll listen to me?"

"James won't admit it, but he's been missing you terribly," Remus replied. A humoured smile placed itself on his lips, and he gazed at Loki. "Thanks."

"It's okay," Loki smiled back.

"Princess, we'll see you at dinner? I want to get speaking with James over and done with," Sirius spoke. Loki nodded. "Cool. We'll see you then."

"See you," Loki waved as the pair began retreating.

"WHAT'S THE DATE?"