𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝐼𝐹𝑇𝑌 𝑂𝑁𝐸

GIVRY ➪ 

"NICOLAS, WHAT HAPPENED?"

"I messed up, that's what," Nicolas paced the boys' dormitory bathroom for the hundredth time that morning. Loki watched him from the door, after having managed to unhook herself from Remus's arm and bedsheets. "I messed up bad."

"Nicolas," Loki took a step forward, feeling exasperated as well as tired. "You need to tell me how you messed up. What happened? What did you do that messed things up?"

"Why do I have to be so bloody stupid!" He groaned, not paying attention to his best friend.

"Nicolas!" Loki grabbed the boy. He stared at her in shock. "What. Did. You. Do?"

"I bloody grabbed James Potter--James Potter of all people!-- and snogged him. Snogged him!" Nicolas exclaimed, tugging the locks of his dirty blonde hair roughly. "Then, when I stopped, I looked him in the eyes and told him I was in bloody love with him! Then I walked off!" He threw his hands up in the air and started his pacing again.

"Nic--"

"He didn't even stop me, which is the bad thing!" Nicolas continued. "I was stressing out over him before, and he came over, laughing and stuff like normal. He asked me what was wrong and I just grabbed him. I just grabbed him and kissed him so hard. And he just stood there and let it happen. When I stopped, I told him, and he still didn't respond! Like, what else am I supposed to say! So I just left!"

"You-you're in love with James?" Loki stared at Nicolas. He stopped and seemed to think before he looked to have a brief internal breakdown. "Nic?"

"Yeah," Nicolas hung her head. "I love James. He's a dude. It's weird, I know. It's gross."

"No, no, no," Loki shook her head, "that's not what I was going to say." Nicolas looked up at her; his head tilted slightly. "I wasn't going to say anything like that. I was going to ask if you were going to do anything about it."

"He's going out with Lily," Nicolas replied with a sigh. "It's not like I can just stroll up to them, tell them I'm into girls and guys and I love James and then ask him why he didn't stop me from kissing him. And I can't tell Lily anything at all. She's so deeply in love with him she's almost on par with you!" He let out a laugh, and Loki narrowed her eyes at him in response.

"That's not fun--"

A knock on the door frightened the pair. Their heads whipped to the door at the same time.

"Loki?" It was Remus. The friends exchanged a quick look of panic before Loki called back.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm just talking with Nicolas," she replied, hoping to appear nonchalant.

There was a pause from Remus's side. "Okay, then. Um, hi, Nicolas?"

"Hi," Nicolas replied.

"I'll... leave you two be, then." The friends listened as Remus walked away from the door until they heard him open and close the door out of the dormitories.

"I've got to talk to James about it," Nicolas sighed, sitting down on the lid of the toilet. "Merlin, let's hope he'll actually talk to me." Nicolas held his palms together in front of his face as he stared at the floor. "I mean, what do I do if he calls me a freak? What if he jinxes me or something."

"Nic, trust me," Loki spoke. "James wouldn't do that. And if he does, you can bet I'll storm right up to him and hex him so hard he gets sent to Mars."