𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝐼𝐹𝑇𝑌 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅

FROLY ➪ 

"MORNING, YOU TWO."

Sirius seated himself beside Loki, pressing his lips to her temple before grabbing a helping of bacon. Loki raised a brow at Sirius. Something felt off today.

"Morning, Padfoot," Remus spoke with a tone of scepticism. "Everything all good today?"

Sirius turned to the pair. "Of course. Just in a happy mood is all," Sirius replied with a broad grin. Loki shrugged it off. "Remus and I saw you hanging out with Marlene, Peter and that yesterday. What were you all talking about?"

"Oh, just my mum and stuff," Loki replied, tucking her hair behind her ear as she poked at her scrambled eggs with her fork. "Where did you two disappear to yesterday? Marlene was looking for you, I think before she got distracted with me and the others."

"Just hanging out around school," Sirius shrugged. "Nothing exciting. But, hey, the last Quidditch match for the year is right around the corner. Us against the snakes." He looked the girl up and down with a thoughtful expression. "Maybe I should let you wear my spare jersey to the game. Make us official, you know?" Sirius smirked and winked at Loki.

"Oh, um," Loki flushed at his request.

"I mean, it's totally fine if you don't want to," Sirius gave the girl a pat on the shoulder. "It was just a suggestion, Princess. Though I think you'd look good in it."

"It's alright," Loki smiled back. "I'll think about it."

Sirius's eyes seemed to light up with pride at her words. He pulled her in for a one-armed hug, pressing his lips to her cheek. Loki giggled at his actions.

"Before you even think about a Quidditch match, Sirius," Remus spoke up, and Loki suddenly felt terrible because she'd almost forgotten the boy was just beside her, "you've still got to finish your charms essay. You, James and Peter are absolutely dreadful at organising yourselves I'm genuinely wondering whether you three are the three boys I work with."

"I doubt anyone could impersonate us, Moony," Sirius laughed smugly, running a hand through his curly hair. "And even if someone got my personality down, they wouldn't be able to replicate my charm." He winked, then looked down at Loki. "Isn't that right, Princess?"

"I-I suppose," Loki replied, unsure of what else to say.

"See?" Sirius smirked at Remus once more.

"I'm serious, Pads, I don't want to see you get in trouble before your match. You or James," Remus spoke, keeping his eyes trained on his best friend with a blank expression.

"How is James?" Loki asked suddenly. She remembered James and Nicolas's organised meeting, and, having spoken briefly with Nicolas in the evening, Loki was curious about Gryffindor's chaser. "Is he still in an odd mood?"

"Actually," Sirius chuckled slightly, "he seems to be doing a lot better since he and Nicolas met up."

"That's a relief," Loki sighed. "I could tell it was eating both boys up."

"What were they being so weird about in the first place?" Remus inquired, reaching to grab a piece of toast. "Neither of them have said anything about it."

"I can't say," Loki shrugged. "I'm sorry. I promised Nicolas not to talk about it."

"That's fine then."

"Hey, hey! What's happening, you three?" The two boys and girl turned their attention to James, who grinned broadly at them. "How's, uh... well it's not really couple's life, is it?" James frowned, scratching his head. "Oh, Loki. Tell Nic thank you for me, please, would you?"