𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝑂𝑁𝐸

CONTESSA

"I MISS QUIDDITCH."

Sirius planted himself on the table in the Library where Loki sat alone. He laid back, looking up at Loki with a pout. The girl frowned.

"You can't practice?" She inquired, shutting the book she was studying from. Sirius shook his head. "Oh. Is it because it's the break, or because it's snowing?"

"I think it's only because McGonagall doesn't trust me alone with a broom and free reign," he responded. He sighed, his dark eyes darting around. "Hey, where's Remus? You've always been with one of us since the holidays started."

"He went back to your Common Room after lunch," Loki frowned, remembering his pale face. "He was feeling sick. You didn't know? I thought he was with you."

"No, I was having a smoke," Sirius sat up, looking somewhat alarmed. Loki's eyebrows raised. "You going to be alright here if I go a check on him?"

"Yes, of course, " Loki nodded.

"I'll be back soon, Princess, " Sirius hopped off the table, offering the girl a smile, before rushing away.

"Sirius Black, slow down!" The librarian, who Loki had forgotten was with them, shouted.

She frowned, turning her gaze back to the now-closed book in front of her. Her thoughts trailed back to the previous night, and her fingers grazed over her life again. She blushed furiously at the memory. Her head filled with the recollection, and her heart began to pump more blood as she recalled the feeling. She bit her lip, failing at trying to hold back her smile. She felt pure bliss, overwhelming glee because she'd finally had her first kiss, with the bonus of it being a boy she'd liked for several years.

Her thoughts then turned to Sirius, and she couldn't help but wonder how he would react if he found out.

He wouldn't care, she thought. Right? Would he?

A wave of guilt washed over her. She wondered if Sirius would care. Her fingers traced the edge of the book as she pondered it. After several more minutes of stressing over the question, Loki sighed and gathered her things. There was no way she could concentrate like that.

"Um, excuse me?" Loki turned around, finding herself staring at the two young Hufflepuffs from the day prior.

"Yeah?" Loki placed her quill and ink into her bag, waiting for the girls to speak.

"You're friends with Sirius, right?" The first girl asked, tucking a lock of her long blonde hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, " Loki replied, confusion laced in her words. "Can I ask what this is about?"

"Oh, um, we're friends of Lucy Wright's, " the other one spoke. She was slightly taller than the blonde, with dark hair cut extremely short. "I mean, I'm her sister, but we know her, and we were wondering if you could give this note to Sirius?"

The blonde held out a folded slip of parchment. Loki eyed it warily, then accepted it from her grasp. She smiled and nodded. The dark-haired girl's face lit up.

"Thank you so much! I thought it would be too awkward for me to give it to him when I haven't even spoken to him before, " she grinned widely. "Well, we'll leave you be. Thank you!" The two girls quickly span on their heels.

"Bye?" Loki frowned, waving, even though the pair already left.

Her gaze flicked down to the note, and she itched to open it. She was curious about what was inside. She restrained herself, however, mentally telling herself no one likes a snoop. She stuffed the note into her robes, making sure she could feel it so she wouldn't forget it.

She continued to pack up her things. She stuffed her parchment and other items into her bag, then gathered the library books she didn't need at that moment and began to put them away.

It didn't take long for Loki to place each book away. She headed up to Madame Pince, the librarian who scared her more than she liked to admit, and informed the woman she wished to borrow the only book remaining in her grip. Madame Pince pursed her lips before letting the girl out, only after she signed the check-out slip in the book of course.

Loki stepped out of the Library, letting out a short breath. She wondered where to go next. She was considering heading outside to draw when a hand came down on her shoulder. She let out a yell of shock and spun around to face the culprit. Sirius retracted his hand hastily, staring wide-eyed at the girl.

Loki placed a hand over her heart and let out a nervous laugh. "I'm sorry, Sirius. You scared me."

"I could tell," Sirius responded. "Are you okay, Princess?" Loki nodded. The smile he usually had around Loki returned to his face, and his dark irises flicked to the book in her hand before back to her face. "Some light reading for you, I suppose?"

Loki let out a laugh. "No. Merlin, no, just to help me finish this essay I have due for Care for Magical Creatures."

"Ah," Sirius nodded. He shoved his hands in his pockets, gazing down at Loki quietly for a moment before speaking up again. "Would you like to take a walk with me? It's been a while since it's just been the two of us for something."

"Okay," Loki nodded, flushing red at the idea of being alone with the boy once more.  She shifted her book, averting her gaze. An idea popped into her head, and she looked back up at him. "How's Remus, though?"

"He's... under the weather, right now," Sirius spoke, lowering his head. The pair began to stroll down the corridor, neither knowing where to go. "He told me to tell you not to worry, however. He'll be better soon."

Loki nodded. She frowned and fixed the bag on her shoulder. Her frown only deepened at the small stab she felt in her chest area. Her head cocked slightly, and she suddenly remembered the note.

"Could you hold this for a moment, Sirius?" Loki asked, holding out the book to him. He nodded. Loki passed the object, then began to dig through her robe pocket before pulling out the note. "Lucy's sister came up to me in the library," Loki began, swapping the book for the message, "she asked me to hand this to you for Lucy. I haven't looked at it, so don't worry."

Loki peered at Sirius as he unfurled the paper. Her eyes stayed glued to his face as he read the short message, or she assumed it was short because it only took him a moment to read, and grinned. He let out an amused chuckle. Loki watched, now more curious than ever to find out what was on the paper.

Noticing her gaze, Sirius smirked.

"I may be pretty, Princess, but remember you are, too."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

bro i feel so lonely in the romantic sense. i just want someone to hug me and give me a cheek kith. :( i just want someone who's gonna put up with my dumb ass, honestly.

but enough whinging from me. how are y'all going? i hope you're doing well, and i hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

until next time, vote, comment if you wish, and farewell!!