Part eighteen: All

-Veronica-

It was cold out, freezing in fact and I could sense rain coming soon, so I had to hurry. I knew the address as Jan had talked about this guy before, we called him the old hunk. She had told me he lived in one of few one story houses in the area, she had described the house as someone who doesn't know anything about outdoor care lived there. I could probably even just tell which house it is by the loud music and people. And I did. I stopped when I saw a house that was the spitting image of my imagination. Grey-ish with no plants and sloppy front deck. Music was blaring from inside those walls and I was scared. I'd only been to one party, and I left fifteen minutes in, these people were older, more intimidating. But nonetheless, I had to find January.

-Johnny-

Pony and I were at our tree, we lost any sense of time, all we had was the night sky. But, we were both so happy, so unbelieveably happy. I reached in my bag and pulled out the book I found at the remains of the church.

"I almost forgot." I handed it to him.

"What's this J?" He reached for the smokey paperback.

"I found this, in the midst of what seemed like a burnt down building." I explained.

He seemed shocked as he flipped through the old pages.

"Johnny this is amazing, I can't believe it." His precious smile broke through.

"Thank you baby." He said kissing my forehead.

"Maybe you can read out loud?" I suggested.

"Of course." He replied, smiling again.

I layed back down on his chest as he flipped to the first page, his voice nearly put me back to sleep.

-January-

I went back up to the bedroom to check on Johnny, he's probably still out, at least I'm counting on it. I had to push through many drunk college boys to get to the room, and being one of very few girls, it was.. challenging. I pushed open the door and before I could do anything else, I noticed Johnny was gone, along with his things. I was angry, but also confused. There's no way he could have gotten away, he was totally out of it. I stormed over to the closet to see he took every item of his. I then rushed over to the desk drawer, he had taken some of my cash. I was trying to hold it together as Will stepped in.

"Everything okay?" He said coming closer.

"Have you seen Johnny? I think he left." I tried to keep my anger down.

He looked down at his cup then around the room.

"W-what did you say to him? Did you tell him anything?" I stepped closer.

He didn't say anything else.

I knew what scared him, I knew how to intimidate him. I looked him up and down then gave him an icy stare. He swallowed, it worked.

"Tell me. Now." I demanded.

"I didn't tell him Jan, I just.. warned him." He stuttered.

"Warned him about what?" I crossed my arms.

"..You." I saw regret in his eyes, and I was going to make sure he felt it everywhere else.

"Come with me." I lead him to the back door.

He followed, I could sense his confusion from a mile away.

When we were outside I took him a little far from the house. I held his hand and pulled him close.

"What are we doing here?" He came closer.

"I forgive you."

He went in for a kiss when I heard a grunt, then him hunching over me, screaming in pain. He fell to the ground. I bent over and whispered in his ear.

"Now you know, I'm always in charge." I stood up and flipped my switchblade closed. He was dead.

-Veronica-
I had been in the house searching for January for about ten minutes when I saw the back door wide open, I started towards it. I looked out and saw a figure in the distance, I ran out.

"Jan? January!" I shouted.

I was still running towards the person. They began to walk to me. I squinted. It was January.

"Oh my god." I ran and hugged her.

She backed away quickly.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked concerned.

She said nothing and pointed behind her, she was shaking and crying.

I lowered my brow and walked slow to wherever she was pointing. I saw a body on the ground. My hands covered my mouth as I gasped.

"What the hell happened?!" I yelled.

"I-I killed him. It's Will." She continued shaking.

I panicked. Then turned to Jan.

"Please Ronnie, I need your help." She begged.

"What can I do?" I stepped in closer.

-