Part three: Ponyboy

While I'm hugging Johnny, I felt my heart go faster than it ever has. It doesn't feel normal, I'm blushing. Johnny's face is bruised and he looks like a lost puppy that's been taken to the pound. His dark brown hair curls behind his ears and swoops on to his soft forehead. He has black eyes and tan skin, but he's got an innocent look to him, almost like a child. We step inside the house and I see Steve and Two-bit, they always hang around here, eating our food and sometimes sleeping on the couch. Oh well, not much I can do and plus, they can be fun, once they have alcohol and chocolate cake. Darry steps in still looking firm with crossed arms. Darry took on the leadership role of caring for Soda and I when our parents died, I think he thinks that means being tougher, it really doesn't but I guess he just wants to be protective.

I ask Johnny if he needs anything, maybe stay the night or food. But he's good at hiding his feelings, I know that because I can see the pain deep down, he may be good at hiding, but not from me. He decides to stay the night, maybe more than one night depending on what's going on. I hope he knows that between me and my brothers, he is always welcome here. Hopefully it can serve as the home he doesn't have.

"I'll go get some pillows, you need anything else?" I ask as he sits on the sofa.

"I'm good, thanks." He smiles.

I went to me and Soda's room to grab extra pillows and a blanket, I also brought down some extra pyjamas for Johnny, just in case. I liked when he was here, a lot, I felt my smile grow just thinking about it. I had to try and lessen it before I went back down.