Part nineteen: Ponyboy

I woke up slow and unsure. I looked down to see Johnny between my legs asleep. I had forgotten we stayed here, Darry's gonna kill me. But it didn't matter for the time being. The way Johnny was sleeping made him look like a precious little baby. I mean, he is, but still. I was afraid to move even an inch because he looked so peaceful, I just stayed put for a while until he moved. He stretched his arms up, wrapping them around my shoulders.

"Morning sleepy baby." I planted a kiss on his forehead.

"Hello." He smiled wide.

I reached far to my right, grabbing Johnny's backpack and standing up. Leading Johnny up with me.

"Are we going to yours? He dusted off his pants

"Yeah, hopefully Darry isn't too mad at me, Soda too." I flipped the bag onto one shoulder and began in the direction of my house. It was less than a ten minute walk.

I was nervous for Darry's reaction, or punishment. Last time I was out for this long, it.. wasn't good.

Before I could reach for the doorknob, it flew open in my face. Darry was behind it. He looked as if he was holding in both anger, and sadness. I swallowed, it felt loud with this silence.

"Johnny, you'd better go back home." He crossed his arms

"What? Darry you know he can't!" I cried.

"Figure it out, and Ponyboy get inside. Now." He demanded.

I looked back at Johnny, he was frightened.

"I'm sorry,"
"Go to the sev, I'll be there soon." I whispered.

He headed off and I stepped in the door way, Darry practically pulling me to the front room.
Soda was sitting there, he looked.. ashamed.

When I sat down, Darry pulled out a book, it was my journal. My heart began a race, and I broke a sweat. I looked over at Soda, he just looked down.

"Why do you have that?" I stood up slowly.

"We needed to know where you were." He slammed it on the coffee table.

"How much did you-" I was cut off

"Enough Ponyboy." He met his hand to his brow.

"I can explain.." I suggested.

"You're never seeing Johnny again, am I clear? He made you like this." His tone was rising.

Tears began to form, and I was shaking.

"You can't do that. I love him." I cried out.

"NO YOU DON'T!" He yelled.

"Ponyboy I'm not letting you be like this." He picked up the book.

"Like what? Myself?" I ripped it out of his hands.

He shoved me down to the ground and kicked me a few times. I didn't bother to fight back. No use.

"STOP!" Soda said inter fearing.

Soda pulled Darry out to the kitchen and I ran for the hills. I didn't think twice. I just kept running.

When I was running, my head finally caught up with the rest of me. I realized what had just happened. Darry knows how I feel about Johnny. He knows I'm gay. I could never show my face there again, unless Soda could say even anything to get him to change his mind. I'm his baby brother, how could he just do that to me? What's so wrong with who I love? I don't understand.
I arrived at the seven eleven and saw Johnny outside with a cigar. I ran to him.

"Pony! What the hell happened?" He dropped it and hugged me.

"Darry found my journal, he knows about us now." I cried into his shoulder.

"Pony.. I'm so sorry." He held me tighter.

I didn't know what to do. I was so lost, more worried. January and Ronnie were gone, we didn't have them, Johnny was living with me, so now we both don't have a place to go. I was petrified.

*sorry this one is short and sad :( but yk that's life rn lololol*