Part eight: Johnny and Ponyboy

After Dally went back to the table, I turned to Pony and saw him laughing. Seeing him break out into laughter made me so happy for reason, I broke out a smile and kissed his forehead. 

"Bestest of friends." Pon said reaching out to me.

I giggled and held his hand on my face.

All suddenly, Pony rushed up behind me and spinned me around. He then reached his hand out. 

"Shall thyn come to breakfast?" He said playfully.

I nodded my head and took his soft hand gently. We rushed back to the table and took our seats again.

"So," Dallas said with a smirk.

Pony looked at me, I just looked at my feet.

"What were the best friends talking about?" Dally adds.

"Noth-" 

"Homework." I said cutting pony off. 

He gave me the look, the "rolling eyes and smirking look".

The gang went on to talk about god knows what, I was focused on just talking with Pony, we talked in code, we made it up as we went. Things like "So, best friend, are we going to go get a slushie later? You get blue, I'll get red, maybe we can make purple??" Of course we would try to contain laughter but it always slipped out, no one became suspicious though, we are usually pretty strange around each other.

-Ponyboy-

After breakfast, Johnny and I were on dishes, Steve and Two-bit on table cleanup and Soda and Darry cooked earlier, Dally of course not wanting to help. Everytime we did dishes after a meal, we like to add some fun to it, and since this house is always full, people are walking in and out of everywhere. The kitchen is a bit seperate to the surrounding rooms so Johnny and I see how many kisses we can sneak in while no one is watching. We only started it two days ago, but we haven't gotten caught yet, for some reason we like to be risky, not sure why.

Last time I did washing, so this time I was drying. As Johnny began preparing the sink, I looked around, then proceeded to kiss him, he kissed back. And, in that moment, I didn't want it to end, ever but I knew sometime it was-

"HOLY SHIT!" Dally screamed as he caught me and Johnny. "I KNEW IT I-" Johnny ran up and kicked his leg. 

"It's not what it looks like." I said walking towards them.

"Ohh, yes I think it is what it looks like." Dally said smartly.

I looked at Johnny expecting to see him upset, or, on the verge of tears, but no he was laughing.

"You- you're not gonna-" I stuttered "I ain't gonna tell anyone," Dally said finishing my sentence.

"Good because if you-" "Don't worry about it kiddos." Dally interrupted Johnny.

Johnny looked back at me in relief, then back at Dallas. We both hugged him. 

"Woah, you know I don't do affection.." Dally said backing away.

"Right." We all three burst into laughter.

"Get back to work, loverboys.." Dally said walking away.

I caught a glimpse of Johnny's soft smile before beginning to dry again.

"Can you believe Dallas Winston of all people didn't get mad? Or even threaten to tell?" Johnny said shocked.

"I barely can," I said with a giggle.

When dishes were done, Johnny and I went up to my bedroom to get dressed. 

"Pon?" Johnny said turning to me.

"Yes cutie?" I said smiling.

"I forgot an extra t-shirt," he suggested.

"Aaaaand, you wanna borrow one of mine?" I finished.

"Yes sir." he said sitting patiently on the bed.

I reached into the back of mine and Soda's closet and pulled a plain black t-shirt, it might be a little big on Johnny, but that'll be fine. I turned around and saw him still waiting patiently with his hand rested in between his legs. 

"Will this work?" I asked him.

"Perfect." He said grinning.

I went over to shut the door and I looked back to see Johnny changing into the shirt.

"What're you lookin' at!" He said playfully.

He came over and tackled me onto the bed, he was on top of me, then he grabbed my face.

"You're cute. You know that Johnnycakes?" I said stroking his cheek.

His adorable smile broke out as I reached up and kissed him, we were there for a while, his shirt half on, me not having one. Johnny reached down and ran his hand down my chest as I wrapped my arm around the back of his neck.

He paused for a moment to fully remove his t-shirt. I raised an eyebrow and he smirked, revealing his dimples. He came back to me as I started to kiss his neck, leaving more hickeys by every moment. Johnny left hickeys on my chest. I caught a glimpse of my alarm clock and saw we were going to be late for school. 

"Johnny, Johnnycakes." I said reaching to his chin.

"What is it?" He looked concerned.

"School." I said, angered that this had to end.

"God damn," He said putting the shirt back on

"If only, we could be older, and just-"

"Just what bubby?" I said

"Be. Just be together, no interruptions." He replied looking up.

"I know baby, I know. One day okay? I promise." I said hopefully.