Part seven: Johnny

*couple days later*

Every day I spent doing things with Pony, I fell more and more in love with him, both physically and mentally. It's that kind of love that you never want to dull, or end. I of course had spent a few days in the Curtis house after what went down with my parents, I was greatful Darry was so welcoming all the time. The only thing I didn't like was having to hide my affection with Pon when people are around, though there are many times we're alone, I wish it was always. 

Pony and I had slept in his and Soda's bed, Soda slept on the couch. I rolled over and saw Pony was just waking up too. He smiled. I tucked his hair out of his face and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Are we ever going to tell the gang?" Pony said with a sudden change of expression.

I put my hand under my head and looked at him. "I think we should.." 

Pony stood up and put his t-shirt on as I watched him. He turned around and reached for my hand. I took it willingly as I sat up.

"Does it have to be today?" I asked licking my lips.

"Only when you're ready baby." He replied picking me up and kissing me.

I pulled away for a second, "I-I think I might be," "I don't want to be afraid anymore."

Pon set me down on the bed, he sat beside me and placed one hand on my thigh, "Me too."

I smiled and felt a sense of warmness as he put his hand on my back. I reached in and kissed him once again, feeling him smile.

-Ponyboy-

Johnny and I were planning to tell the gang during breakfast, and though we were scared, we knew it was what had to be done, we were both tired of hiding our undying love for each other. 

I sat beside Johnny, of course and our legs touched. I looked over at him and saw him smirking. 

"Alright, I think I made enough eggs and bacon for everyone to have two." Darry said sitting down. He was the last to sit down.

The gang began digging in and talking about socs, one guy soc had tried to hit on Sodapop. 

"God, I didn't know a soc could be a fag," Darry said rolling his eyes.

"I'm not surprised." Two-bit said with a mouth full of food "They're all pairs of pants." 

Johnny quickly turned to me. He looked nervous as he leaned into my ear. 

"Can we talk for a sec?" He said trembling.

"Of course," I said placing my napkin on the table.

"We'll be back." I announced to the full table.

Johnny led me over to the front living room.

"Pon, I don't think telling them is such a good idea, I mean you heard what they were talking about, right?" He said at a fast pace.

I took a deep breath, "You're right Johnnycakes, you're right this is bad timing." I took his hand and was about to kiss it as Dallas walked in.

"Oh, am I?-" 

"It's nothing- I mean- It's fine." I cut him off

"Are you two?-" He said signaling to us

"No." "No." Johnny and I said at once.

"We- we're just friends," I said, "Best friends." Johnny added.