Part sixteen: Johnny (again)

*Hours later*
I had completely forgotten about the party tonight, I was occupied with trying to distract myself. I was basically doing anything to take my mind off of Pony, it was hard but I was trying. People were going to show up any minute now so I decided to go find January. She was in the kitchen with Will, I was about to interrupt when I heard them talk about me, I hid behind a corner wall.

"So, are you going to tell him? God, you'd better do it before I do." Said a deep voice.

"You wouldn't do that." Jan replied harshly.

"Try me little girl." The mans voice said again.

"I'll ruin you, in a matter of minutes, so no, try me." I heard her say before storming off. I slipped into the living room.

She looked over and spotted me.

"Oh hey," she walked over.

"Hi.." I stood up.

"I'm gonna go get ready, for the party." She said, almost on the verge of tears.

An obvious look of concern took over my face as I followed her to the guest room. When I stepped in, I saw Jan had picked up my letter from Ponyboy, she held it up and began reading. I knocked lightly as she whipped around and placed it firmly back on the desk.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"It's fine, I just.. miss him." I tried to hold back tears.
Before Jan could say anything else, we heard noise from the front room. People were here.
She ran out of the room, I of course followed and we saw around twenty people in the living room. They had brought drinks. Earlier today I promised myself I wasn't going to drink, but now i'm not sure. Jan quickly grabbed my hand and lead me down with everyone else, more people kept coming and I just faded into the crowd, music already blaring. I lost Jan for a few minutes, but she came back with two cups and handed one to me. I smiled and took it, downing it instantly. I made a sour face and walked over to get another.
Will came up beside me.
"So, kid, why'd you come up here with January?" He questioned.

"I- uh"

"It's fine, I get it. But listen kid," He placed a hand on my shoulder.
"Be careful with January, she's not all who you think." He walked away.

I was confused, and a little shocked. I've known Jan since we were young, of course I know who she is. I disregarded it for now, trying to enjoy myself. I stepped back into the front room and sat on an available couch. As I was about to take a sip, I felt my head spin and everything get blurry. Next thing I knew, it went black.

-Ponyboy-
Morning had come faster than I wanted it to. I hurried up to get dressed, I wanted to meet Veronica as soon as possible. It was 5:45 AM. I carefully walked through the house, praying I didn't wake anyone. If they knew what I was doing, I would be grounded so fast my head would spin. Once I was in the doorway, I hurried my pace and started running to our meeting spot.
I arrived and my heart was racing, my lungs were burning, but I was ready, I was so ready to find Johnny. I spotted Veronica and sped over to her, backpack on my shoulder.

"Ready?" I asked.

She nodded and linked her arm with mine. We were taking the earliest bus so there was no one on except us. We took back row.

-Johnny-
When I had woken up, I felt myself in a comfortable setting, but something was seriously wrong. I opened my eyes, I was on the bed of the guest room. I attempted to look around, everything was still spinning, but I saw Jan walk towards me with another cup, looked like a mug. She lifted it to my mouth and I willingly sipped it, my taste buds were numb. I didn't know what I was drinking. My eyes closed again and I began to visualize something. It was the dream I had, with Ponyboy's shadow. It was running towards me, but there was another shadow in the way of him. I tried to concentrate, it looked female but I couldn't tell. Then it hit me. January.

-Ponyboy-
I was basically sobbing now. Veronica had been comforting but nothing could get me to Johnny as fast as I wanted. I just wanted him, I've despised every living second with him gone. I shouldn't have run off. I know now that he was just trying to protect us, he's right, it's not safe.

"Hey Ponyboy, try to sleep okay? Time will pass faster." Veronica said soothingly.

"I'll try." I responded.
It was easier than I thought, I was out like a light the moment I realized how tired I was.

-Johnny-
I didn't want to believe that January was capable of hurting me. Maybe, Will was right, jesus, I should have listened. It felt like I couldn't open my eyes, I tried so hard but they just wouldn't. I didn't have any sense of time, I just found myself seeing black and blur.
I opened my eyes once again, this time I was going to hold on, and fight back. I attempted to sit up, my world continued to spin and shake. But I had to keep going. I fell over a little and leaned over the side of the bed, resulting in me throwing up. It seemed to just keep coming, but eventually, it stopping spinning and I could stand up. I knew what I had to do.

-Ponyboy-
I woke up from my sleep, it felt like it had been forever, we were half an hour away. I could hardly wait, though I will admit, I was nervous Johnny was mad at me, or didn't want to see me.

"You okay?" Veronica said fixing my hair.

"Yes, I'm so ready, Ronnie, you don't even know." I perked up.

"I'm so glad you called me Ponyboy." She smiled from ear to ear.

Almost there.

-Johnny-
As soon as I felt stable, I grabbed my bag, some clothes and some of the cash me and Jan stashed. Lastly, I grabbed the letter. I headed out of this place so fast, before anyone could see. I was running to the bus stop, I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest, I was terrified and didn't know what to do. Despite, I just kept going, no going back now. I was put to a stop when a bus pulled up. I was about to step on when my eyes fixated on a face. Ponyboy. I dropped everything, he ran to me out of the bus and grabbed me, picking me up. We stayed there for a minute before I attached my desperate lips to his, I needed this, badly. I missed him so much. He ran his cold fingers through my hair and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. Finally. He set me down and hugged me again.
"I'm so sorry." I weeped.

"Don't." He said kissing my forehead long and hard.