Part twenty.

*this ones gonna be a little longer since i haven't written in a while! sorry for the wait!*

"Darry knows about us." Pony said into my arms.
This wasn't good. Ponyboy can't go back there, it's too dangerous for him.

"I'm so sorry." I held him even tighter than before.

We didn't move, we didn't talk. That was until a car drove up beside us.

"Get in." A voice said rolling down the tinted window. It was Steve.

I looked at Pony and he returned the look, without another thought we both climbed into the back of the old rusty vehicle. Confused, but we had no other options right now.

"What's going on Steve?" Pony leaned into the front seats.

"Listen, I heard what happened and I didn't want you two to make any stupid decisions. So i'm here." He started the car up again.

I scrunched my eyebrows and turned to Pony.

"So you're.. okay with us?" I said carefully and slowly.

"Of course I am, you two are like my brothers, always have been and something as little as this isn't going to change that." He replied reassuringly. He was going soft on us.

I smiled to myself.

"So where are we going?" Pony leaned up again curiously.

"I rented a motel room. Two actually." He looked back and smirked.

"Really?" I jumped up.

"Yes."

The first thing I thought was how he got this money, but I soon remembered Steve's friend who worked there. He probably hooked him up. Still, I was grateful.

We were driving for a small amount of time when we pulled up to a small, dark building on the corner. "Motel Blue" the sign read. I remembered this place, when it first opened. I was about 4.

We got out of the car eagerly.

"Wait here." Steve ran to the front office.

Pony spun around the back of the car, standing beside me. I could sense his emotions right now. He looked genuinely happy, despite all the stuff with his brothers, he looked beyond that. I took his hands.

"We're gonna be okay Pon." I said as he rubbed his thumb across the back of my hand.

"Cmon you two!" Steve shouted from afar.

In a hurry, we sped in his general direction. We didn't have any stuff, clothes or even a toothbrush.

Steve handed Ponyboy a key, it had the number 4 engraved on it.

"No funny business." Steve pulled a smirk again, heading off to room number 6.

We shared a laugh and headed straight to the room.
It was nice inside. A nice bed, nice bathroom. Nice. Just, nice.

I was so tired from the reoccurring events of today and yesterday I slumped myself on the bed, I hadn't gotten a real sleep in what seemed like forever. I dozed off instantly.

-Ponyboy-
Johnny fell asleep the second we stepped foot in the room. I could feel his exhaustion. I removed his jacket from him, along with his shoes and tucked him under the white sheets and cover. I walked over to the door to lock it, moving almost in slow motion in an effort to not wake Johnny. I stood there for a minute when suddenly I felt a hand on the back of my neck. I turned quickly as Johnny slid his hand to my cheek. Leaning in for a kiss. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around him effortlessly. Everything came so natural with him. He pulled away and slipped in an 'I love you' I said it back and smiled against his soft skin. Johnny removed my coat and it fell to the floor as we slowly backed up to the bed. I paused momentarily.