A Riddkulus Situation

Now, in the Defence Against The Dark Arts class with Professor Remus, Year 3 Students, including you, were standing in front of a rocking mirror closet.

"Intriguing, isn't it?" The professor asked

"Would anyone like to venture a guess... ...as to what is inside?" he asked

"Our worst fears?" You answered unsurely.

"No, it's actually a boggart."

"Nice try, Mr. (L/n), and very good, Mr. Thomas." The Professor said.

"Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?"

"No one knows." Hermione answered, appearing out of nowhere as you tripped on yourself and fell.

Everyone chuckled while Harry helped you up.

"I swear, you've got something up your sleeve." You told Hermione.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a person fears the most." She said.

"That's what makes them so-"

"-So terrifying, yes, yes, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart." Professor Lupin said as he walks in front of

"Riddikulus!" He chanted as everyone followed saying the word.

"That's gonna be a fuckin' headache." You quietly said

"What's going to be a headache, Mr. (L/n)?" Professor Lupin asked as everyone looked at you.

'How the fuck...' "Well, Riddikulus and Ridiculous almost sound the same so how do we know if we could pronounce it right." you asked the dumb question

"Yes, that is true but there's a very easy way, just say it without the letter O!" Professor Lupin answered.

'How the hell did this guy hear me from that far?' "Right." You said

"Now. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Neville, would you join me, please?" Professor Lupin asked as he was scared about it.

Without any choice, he slowly made his way toward Professor Lupin.

"Hello. Neville, what frightens you most of all?" He asked

"Professor Snape." he answered softly.

"Sorry?"

"Professor Snape." He answered loudly as everyone laughed

"Professor Snape. Yes, frightens all. And I believe you live with your grandmother."

"Yes but I don't want that boggart to turn into her, either." He said as everyone chuckled

"It won't. I want you to picture her clothes. Only her clothes, very clearly, in your mind." he said as Neville did so.

As Neville tries to list all the things she'd wear, Professor Lupin stops him, telling him that they don't need to hear for as long as he sees it, they'll see it.

"Now, when I open that wardrobe... ...here's what I want you to do. Excuse me." He said as he whispers something into Neville's ears before asking can he do that.

He nods as the rocking of the closet gets louder. Professor Lupin told him to have wands at the ready as he did so. Once he counted down, he unlocked the door, letting the boggart out as it shape-shifts into Professor Snape. Neville got scared but Professor Lupin made him focus.

"Riddikulus!" He chanted as Professor Snape was wearing a colorful lady dress as everyone laughed.

Everyone got in on the fun as everyone formed a line as you're in front of Harry. As Professor Lupin played a song on his old vintage record player, Ron was up to cast the spell as the boggart turned into a spider, his worst fear. He was scared as hell as he quickly cast Riddikulus on the spider as its four legs had rollerskates as it was having trouble trying to balance itself. Ron's fear had been overcome by sheer relief and laughter as Seamus was next, as you accepted the high-five from Ron. Then, it was suddenly your turn now as you approached the boggart. It looks at you and then begins to turn into your mother... Everyone's laughter stopped as Professor Lupin was shocked to even see the boggart able to transform into a perfectly accurate version of your mother. She raised his wand and his wand was engulfed into a green particle flowing to the point of her wand.