Expecto The Unexpectum

You were now in Hagrid's Hut, it was snowing and you had plans with Hermione but Hagrid, on the other hand, wanted to give you something for your birthday that he missed about three years now. This was after Harry had the Dementor's Kiss on him during his Quidditch Match in the rain as the fall broke his Nimbus 2000. As to why it affects him so, the Dementors feed on every good feeling, every happy memory until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences. The dementors affect the two of you the most because there are true horrors in your's and Harry's past. Lupin promised to teach both of you on how to fight The Dementors but after the holidays.

"Actually, I wanted to give ya this as a birthday present." Hagrid said as he gifted you a crossbow with a gas tank.

" Hagrid said as he gifted you a crossbow with a gas tank

"Hagrid, are you trying to pass down your job to me?"

"Of course not! This was from your father!"

"My dad?"

"Ye Father always was an adventurer, always seeking out new and dangerous things and he was also a religious man too! He used this to keep himself out of sticky situations and don't worry, it's got magical properties that could even repel a Dementor if ya' still can't learn that spell Remus is trying to teach you and Harry."

"I know how to say the words but I don't know how to cast them."

"Really?" You asked

"Yeah, had to get my mind refreshed about that. I'm supposed to chant "Expecto Patronum" and the a light will push it away."

"That's good! You're getting smarter, now!"

"Thanks, Hagrid." You said as you holster your crossbow on your back.

~TIME/SKIP~

You joined Ron, Hermione, and Martha as the three of you looked at a rundown house at the distance.

"It's meant to be the most haunted building in Britain. Did I mention that?" Hermione asked

"Twice." Ron and Martha said with a displeased tone.

"Make it three times for me." You chuckled as she did as well.

"Do you want to move a bit closer?"

"Why not? We only get to live once." You said

"Woah, Woah, Woah! Let's not go there!"

"You four shopping for your new dream home?" Malfoy asked as his gang came by but Goyle is replaced with another Slytherin student as they came to harass the four of them.

Once he went too far, he was hit with a snowball and once he was distracted, he was punched in the groin by your little sister.