A Shrieking Revelation

They saw the executioner sharpening his blade as the four of you wore your normal attires as you all crossed the bridge.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible." Hermione said

"It just got worse." Ron said as they saw Malfoy and his gang hiding behind the stone pillar so they could see what would happen.

With that, Hermione took off to the gang and the boys followed behind.

"Ah, look who's here! Come to see the show?" Malfoy sarcastically asked

"YOU! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" She spouted and aimed her wand at his throat as you stopped her.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it!" Ron said

"Listen to Ron, Hermione! I know this fuckin' waste of space deserves for what's comin' to him but in due time now just... lower your wand." You said in a soft tone as she did so, unconsciously being comfortable in your touch.

When she lowered her wand and looked back as Malfoy and his gang laughed, Hermione turned back and throw a jab at Malfoy's nose as he and his gang ran away.

"That felt good." She said

"Not good, brilliant!" Ron told her

"That was a badass jab, you know?" You told her as you fanned yourself with your shirt as she blushed at that compliment.

They quickly walked down the hill towards Hagrid's house as a storm was rumbling in the distance. They quickly passed by Buckbeak as it made some noise when the two of you made eye contact, it looks like he missed you for some reason.

"Look at him. Loves the smell of the tress when the wind blows through them." Hagrid said when they entered the house.

"Why don't we just set him free?" Harry asked

"They'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore'll get into trouble. He's comin' down, you know, Dumbledore. Says he wants to be with me when they... When it happens. Great man, Dumbledore. A great man." Hagrid said as he took a food piece and fed this worm creature who you found very creepy as you retract everything you said about magical creatures.

Hermione offered that everyone will stay with him but Hagrid refused, not wanting them to look at the execution. Before they go, Hagrid gave Ron Scabbers.

"I think you owe someone an apology."

"Right. Next time I meet Croockshanks, I'll let him know!" He remarked.

"I meant ME!" She shouted

An argument was about to start if a pebble that was thrown into one of Hagrid's vases and broke didn't grab their attention.

"Ow!/AUGH!" Both you and Harry were hit from behind by the same rock but you were hit harder than Harry.

"Who the fuck did tha-" You stopped what you were saying when the both of you saw Minister Fudge, Dumbledore, and The Executioner.

"Ah, crap." You muttered as Harry made Hagrid look to see what they were seeing.

They quickly snuck out the back quietly and hid behind the stone fences as they heard Fudge citing his stuff about executing Buckbeak. You two heard a twig break and a grunt as you and Hermione looked back to see what it was.

"What?" Ron asked the both of you.

"I thought I just saw.../Wasn't that..."

"Nevermind." Both of you whispered at the same time.