Ch. 8

Wanda sat up abruptly in her bed, shaking her head to get rid of the remaining pieces of her nightmare. With shaky hands she turned on the lamp on her night stand. She slowly makes her way to Natasha's room, surprised to find her already awake watching Netflix.
"Nightmare?" Natasha asks as Wanda enters the room, nodding her head. Natasha immediately lifts the blanket for the teen.
"You're okay. I've got you." Natasha says pulling Wanda closer.
"You'll never leave, right?" Wanda asks head resting under Natasha's chin
" I could never leave you, kiddo. You're stuck with me..." Natasha replies running a hand through the girls hair. "Is that what your nightmare was about?"
Wanda nods.
"Wanda, I love you. And I can promise you I'm never going anywhere, not if I can help it." Natasha reminds her "I actually have been thinking about something, that is if you wanted... I know legally I'm your guardian but I'm not your mom, at least not legally. I was thinking we could change that, if you want..."
"Really?" Wanda asks pulling away from Natasha to face her
"Yeah..." she replies
"Thank you!" Wanda says throwing her arms around the spy.
"No need to thank me, little witch. I want to make this a forever thing." Natasha says wrapping her own arms around the girl. "You should probably get some sleep, Wands. We still have training tomorrow."
"Thank you Mama, for everything." Wanda replies sleepily.

The next morning Wanda and Natasha awoke to the sound of the alarm clock.
"It's too early..." Wanda mumbled burying her face in one of Natasha's pillows.
"Rise and shine, kiddo. Let's go eat breakfast, we're testing your powers today." Natasha replied.
"Great..." Wanda replied sarcastically
"Come on." Natasha said pulling the girl off the bed and to the elevator.

Sam and Steve were already in the kitchen, having gone on their run earlier in the morning.
"All I'm saying is it's hard for me to compete with a super soldier!" Sam said eating a bowl of cereal" Every five minutes you're running by me, "On your left"..."
"I just can't help myself." Steve laughed turning his attention back to the stove. "Hey." He said as Natasha stood next to him near the coffee maker, bumping her with his hip lightly.
"Hey yourself." Natasha smiled
"Take it wands had a rough night?" Steve asked gesturing to the girl, with her head currently buried in her arms on the table.
"Yeah... but everything's okay now." Natasha said pouring coffee into 2 cups.
"You could've called me. You know I don't mind helping when she has nightmares." Steve said scrambling an egg
"I know and thank you." Natasha replied squeezing his arm before taking the cups of coffee to the table, sitting one down in front of Wanda
"Cream and sugar?" Wanda asked sitting her head up at the presence of Natasha's hand on her back.
"Just how you like it." Natasha replied sitting next to her.
"Thanks." Wanda replied taking a sip the warm liquid warming her body instantly.
Steve arrived to the table with 3 plates of food.
They team made small talk as they ate, soon it was time for training.

"I don't know want to hurt you." Wanda said. She sighed leaning against the wall taking a sip from her water bottle.
"You won't, kid, we've been working our way up to this." Steve reminded her
"And what if my powers go out while your in the air? What then?" Wanda asked
"You've lifted heavier things than me, Wanda. You won't drop me." Steve said
Natasha sighed pausing her sparing with Sam, as he hit the mat with a thud grumbling about how he was at a disadvantage.
"Wands, look at me, you can try it once and if it doesn't work you don't have to do it anymore, okay?" Natasha said placing a hand on the teens arm. Wanda nodded hesitantly.
Wanda shook her hands, taking a step back. Steve stood in the middle of the training room, mats on the floor around him. Wanda took a deep breath as her she encased Steve with her magic, concentrating as the red swirls danced on her fingers. Wanda managed to float Steve a few feet in the air before she shakily lost control of her powers. Wanda flinched as Steve hit the ground.
"Sorry." She mumbled
"It's okay, that was good..." Steve said dusting off himself, as he stood from the mat. "How's your head feel, any pain?" He asked waking over to the girl.
"Just a small head ache, I'm good though.... really." Wanda replied.
"I think Nat wants to practice combat with you next, why don't you take a break first?" Steve suggested
Wanda made her way to the wall and sat against it, taking long sips of her water as she watched Steve and Natasha spar.
Sam plopped down next to her.
"Who do you think will win?" He asked as Wanda through him an extra water bottle.
"My money's on Nat." Wanda says with no hesitation
"I don't know, Steve's gotten better. He might have a chance...." Sam argues "I'll tell you what, if Nat wins I'll do your share of the chores for a week and if Steve wins you have to do mine."
Wanda winced as Natasha landed a sharp blow to Steve's side before Steve could grab her leg.
"Deal." Wanda said shaking Sam's hand "But I have an even better bet..."
"What's that?" Sam asked
"I think Steve and Natasha will be together by Christmas." Wanda said a smirk on her lips as she watches the couple continue to spar.
"It's not fair for you to make bets like that when you can look into their minds! I'm at a severe disadvantage!" Sam replied "I think it'll take longer than that, they're both too stubborn to admit their feelings."
"If I win you have to buy me the new doc marten boots I've been wanting for Christmas." Wanda smiled as Natasha currently had Steve pinned on the mat.
"Okay, and if I win?" Sam asked as Steve managed to move out of Natasha's hold flipping them over.
"I'll give you all my movie night picking privileges for a month." Wanda said
"That's only 4 days, Wands." Sam replied
"Fine, two months." Wanda said
"Deal" Sam replied