The Beginning of the End

She laughs as the wind ruffles her hair, taking in the late evening light. The air smells of summer, of grass and dirt. She hears laughter, loud up ahead. She watches as MJ sits seemingly unamused as, Peter, Noah, and Ned doing cannonballs into the lake with Kate floating around in a tube close by, yelling about her now wet hair.
"Wands, come on!" She hears her wave. Wanda makes her way to the dock. MJ giving her a smile before going back to her book. Wanda parks herself on the edge of the dock, her feet dangling down dipping into the water. Noah swims to her pulling himself on the dock next to her.
"Hi." She smiles, he drops a kiss to the top of her head, water dripping on her face from his hair, before he's shaking it on to her on purpose. "Noah!"
"What?" He says smiling, dimple showing on his cheek. "At least I didn't do this!" He says as he picks her up in a swift motion before plunging them into the water. Her stomach dips at the shock of the water, chilly in contrast to the warm air, chill bumps forming on her arms.
"Idiot." She mumbles smacking him shoulder before wrapping her arms around his neck as they float.
"Whatever." He says playfully "You love me, Maximoff." She rolls her eyes but leans in to rest her chin on his shoulder, placing a kiss to his cheek. He tightens his arms around her in return.
"Ewww, PDA." Peter says in a childish tone as he climbs on the dock again, Ned following suit

"What about Public Displays of Affection?" Wanda hears and looks up to see her family making their way to the dock. Lia dressed in her life jacket eager to get in, Luna is dressed in her tiny baby swimsuit toddling in front of Natasha.
The woman gives her a smirk as she lays down a towel to sit on.
"They make people very uncomfortable." Steve quips back as he climbs down the ladder and Lia jumps into his awaiting arms. Wanda rolls her eyes at their antics knowing her parents have always been ones for Public Displays of Affection.
She removes herself from Noah's arms, intentionally sending a splash his way as she climbs up the ladder and plops down on Natasha's towel.
"Wawa look!" Luna says in her adorable voice from Natasha's lap pointing at a a few ducks swimming near the shore a few feet away.
"Wow!" Wanda replies taking the little hand pointing in front of her face, dropping a kiss to it, the whiff of sunscreen still on her skin. The little girl eagerly switches to her lap and Wanda takes in a moment to note how big her baby sister had gotten, vocal and every bit as fiery as her other sister, whom was currently splashing around in the water. She tucks a whispy lock of red hair behind the little girls ear, when she catches sight of her mother's stare.
"You ready for school to start again kiddo?"
"You know, if you would've asked me this month ago I probably would've panicked on the spot." Wanda smiles "but yes, I'm ready."
Natasha gives her small smile  "They say the last year is the best year."
"I can't wait." Wanda admits, leaning over to rest her head on the shoulder of the older woman. Natasha dropping a kiss to the side of her head, before turning her attention back to watching her husband and younger daughter

It's a long time after the sunsets when the teens hit the city in search of late night milkshakes. Wanda comes back to their floor just before her 1 am curfew, it was summer after all, with an aching stomach from laughing so hard with friends and a few bruises from the teens trying to use some of Peter's webs as a trampoline. She's exhausted in a good way, the best way. She's surprised to find Natasha and Steve still up in the living room.
"Hey, baby, have fun?" Natasha asks as Wanda takes off her shoes dropping her backpack on the floor near the door.
"Yeah it was fun." Wanda replies as she goes to the couch tucking herself into her mothers side.
"Do I want to know how you got those bruises?"
"Probably not." Wanda shakes her head feeling the day catching up to her. Natasha runs a hand through the girls unruly hair and it's enough to put her to sleep quickly.
"She's been so happy." Natasha muses still running her fingers through her daughters curls.
"Can you believe she'll be a senior, graduating in a year?"
"I don't want to talk about it." Steve shakes his head reaching across the back of the couch to interlock their hands, thumb finding her wedding ring. "I remember when she came here. I found you two in this same spot like you are now." He adds, reminiscing.
"She changed my life." Natasha admits. "She made me a mom. I had made piece with the fact that this was something I would never have and then she came along and... I wanted it more than anything."
"Well if I know one thing it's that our girls are so lucky to have found you." Steve says brushing a kiss to the back of her hand. "I'm lucky to have found you. I love you so much, my love."
"I love you." She replies, repeating his gesture. "I'd like to think I'm pretty lucky too. You , this family, it was a dream."

The couple takes Wanda to her bedroom and tucks her in before returning back to the couch this time closer together, soaking in a quiet moment in one another's embrace.
"I think I'm ready to retire, step away from the hero life, at least in the field." Steve says after sometime, his hands running through her hair
"Yeah?" Natasha muses, humming in contentment.
"Yeah, I've been thinking about passing on the shield to Sam..." He replies "spend a year here to help if he needs it before we venture off."
"Well you know I'd support any choice you make but if it helps... I think he'd be a great fit." She says. He leans forward pressing a kiss to the top of her head.
"I'm thinking French doors with a balcony off our bedroom at the new house, we can opened up the doors and let in the breeze on nice nights." He adds
"That sounds nice." Natasha admits, cuddling further into his embrace.
"The kids bedrooms on the other side of the hall, we'll need at least 4 maybe 5..." he muses
"We'll really be out numbered then..."
"Wouldn't be so bad..." Steve adds "maybe a boy or 2 this time?"
"Tired of being a girl dad already?" Natasha teases "We got it easy with Wanda but the other two have particularly fiery personalities..."
"They come by it honest." Steve shrugs "they get it from their mom."
"Hey!" Natasha says smacking his shoulder
"I'm just kidding, love." He replies, chuckle escaping his lips.
"You better just be kidding, love." Natasha adds in a playful manner "unless you want to sleep on the couch tonight." The couple pauses their  conversation at sound of the elevator
"Hey, love birds, sorry to interrupt..." Yelena says as she enters the living room "I can hear Bucky and Sam snoring alllll the way from behind their closed doors into my room! Can I please sleep here, Sestra?"
"Of course, Yel', you know you don't have to ask." Natasha replies moving to stand from the couch
"You're just in luck, Lena. The couch is free tonight." Steve teases doing the same.
"I swear if you don't quit teasing me I'll send you down stairs, Steve." Natasha warns as the couple approaches their bedroom
"Yes, dear." Steve replies as the door shuts
Yelena laughs getting comfy on the couch. She falls asleep quickly, something about this place always feels like home.

Hi, everyone! This is just the first part of the ending for "Starting Over" I hope you enjoyed it!