Ch. 26

Wanda awakes to sunlight fluttering in through her window, she hums contently as she snuggles deeper into her blankets. She hears voices down the hall in the kitchen, small giggles, and baby babbling. Wanda prys herself out of bed, slipping on a pair of fuzzy socks before heading to the kitchen. She sleepily wipes her eyes, pulling the edges of her sweatshirt over her hands.
"Good morning, sunshine." Steve greets her from his usual place at the stove.
"Morning..." Wanda mumbles as she heads to her seat at the table. Luna takes her eyes away from the oatmeal Natasha is scooping into her mouth, to eye her sister immediately making grabby hands towards her. Wanda grabs one of her chubby hands before dropping a kiss to the baby's head. Luna babbles for a moment incoherently, each day she was closer to saying "mama". Natasha smiles at how good Wanda is with the baby, she really is the best big sister.
"Good morning Milaya." Natasha smiles when Wanda leans over in her chair to rest her head on her shoulder.
"Morning..." Wanda mumbles, again still not fully awake. Natasha slides the cup of coffee sitting in front of her towards Wanda. "Where's Lia?"
"Still asleep, she woke up early when your dad went on his run." Natasha replies and Steve shouts her an apologetic smile. Lia walks into the kitchen on cue, blanket in hand, reaching her arms out for Natasha.
"Good morning, baby." She smiles, pulling the girl into her lap, who then cuddles into her embrace.
Steve joins them placing the food in the center of the table a moment later.

It's nearly 4 o'clock when Wanda decides to get out of her pjs. After a quick shower she stands near her closet contemplating what to wear. Even thought it was March, the early spring area was still chilly. She finally settles on a pair of jeans and a light sweater. She ties her hair back into a loose pony tail and applies some light make up, lacing up her converse before heading to find Natasha and Steve. Wanda knocks on the door frame of the bathroom before entering, Natasha leans against the counter applying her lipstick.
"You look beautiful, Mama."
"Thank you, malysh." Natasha smiles
"I've got to say I agree with the kid." Steve smiles walking into the room, wrapping an arm around Wanda's shoulders and Wanda leans into the comforting weight. She was tiny compared to him but something about his presence had made her calm since the beginning. He wasn't like any of the men she encountered in Strucker's lab or on the streets of Sokovia. She always felt safe with him.
"You almost ready babe? we should head out..." he asks
"I'm ready." Natasha replies and the three make their way out of the bedroom and into the living area. Sam sits on the couch, Lia on one side clearly invested in the movie he had flicked on and Luna sleeps quietly in his arms.
"You guys have fun tonight..." He smirks "but not too much fun for you little witch."
Wanda flushes a little at his statement, going to grab Noah's lettermen jacket and her phone from her room before they head to the city.

Steve finds a spot to park right outside the baseball field. Wanda can't help but feel a little giddy, yet she feels a little nervous the crowd is pretty large and she's not sure if she'll know anyone to sit with. She reaches to open her door grabbing her jacket and phone.
"Hey Wands, have fun okay? Call us if you need us." Natasha smiles. Wanda nods
"You guys too, but not too much fun..." Wanda adds smirking, now it was Steve's turn to blush. Natasha chuckles in response, before mumbling a "get out of here" and Wanda walks away laughing.
"Geez, she hangs out with Sam too much..." Steve says
"Honey, maybe you're just easy to tease..." Natasha replies
"Hmm."
"You know I'm right..." Natasha adds smirking
"Maybe she spends too much time with you then..." Steve laughs, earning him a smack on the shoulder to which he fakes a hurt expression.
"Let's go on this date before I change my mind and breakup with you..." Natasha says teasing
"Yes Ma'am." Steve says driving to the restaurant.

Wanda makes her way to the stands, finding an opening to sit in on the bleachers. She watches as the team warms up. Noah looks to the stands and finds her, giving her a wave before returning his attention to the warmup. Wanda looks up as someone sits next to her.
"I'm not spying I swear..." Peter says flopping down next to her.
"What are you doing here then?" Wanda asks. Peter points towards the concession stand were MJ stands in line.
"Really? She wanted to come to a game?"
"Yeah, apparently it's for an article in the school newspaper." Peter replies
"Oh so this is a date?" Wanda smirks
"No it's not a date... she just asked me to come with her." Peter panics
"Pete, it's a date." Wanda replies, Peter blushes still flustered "My little spider, all grown up...." Wanda teases
"Wanda...." he whines
"Okay, okay..." Wanda replies dropping her teasing, as the game starts.
Wanda didn't know baseball could last so long, she went to one of Cooper's little league games last summer but it hadn't lasted half as long. The sun had long sense started to set and Wanda enjoyed the view underneath the field lights. She watched as the teams shook hands, Midtown fans and players more cheery now that they had won. Wanda watched as the fans left the field, players meeting up with their families. She smiled and Noah approached her a big smile on his face.
"Hey, I'm really glad you made it." He smiles "I would give you a hug but I'm a little sweaty..."
"I don't mind." Wanda replies stepping forward to wrap her arms around him, he squeezes her back before letting her go.
"Wanna get out of here?" He asks, tucking a strand that had fallen out of her ponytail behind her ear.
"Yeah." Wanda replies, giving him a slight smile as she intertwines their fingers together on the walk to his car.
"Do you mind if we run to my house so I can change?" He asks
"Yeah, that's fine." Wanda smiles