Ch. 15

It had been almost a week since Lia and Luna had moved into the compound and the two were adjusting relatively well, as well as a toddler and baby can. It was currently a day before thanksgiving and the compound was buzzing with more traffic than usual. Natasha awoke to the sound of footsteps, small footsteps. It was currently only 6 a.m. but she sat up anticipating the arrive of the small girl that follows them. The little girl was an early riser, much like the super soldier who was currently on his daily run. They had made progress in the short week that the girls had been there. Lia had managed to keep most of the conversations in English, to Steve's relief, but often resorted back to russian in distress or after nightmares which often ended up with Natasha being the one to comfort her. She smiled as the little girl made her way into the room dressed in butterfly pjs with her blanket in tow. She goes to Natasha's side of the bed and immediately lifts her arms. Natasha smiled lifting the girl onto the bed, before the girl promptly glued herself to her side. The girl snuggled into her embrace. Lia sighed sleepily closing her eyes. Natasha was glad that they had a level of trust established that allowed the girl to feel comfortable and safe so quickly. She smiled enjoying the moment. Lia's sisters on the other hand both slept later, so for now Natasha would enjoy the moment with just her as she was finding time individually with each of her children to be hard to come by. Natasha eventually closed her eyes and drifted back into sleep.

Steve and Sam abruptly stopped their run in front of the compound.
"I swear man I think you get faster every time." Sam said out of breath. Steve laughed in response
"Maybe you're just getting slower." He joked.
"Whatever man." Sam replied walking into the common area, the Barton family was currently there. Laura and Clint fixing breakfast, while the children watched cartoons on the tv.
"Good morning guys." Laura greeted as they entered
"Laura, Clint, it's good to see you. Sorry we couldn't  greet you all when you got in last night, everyone was having a rough night." Steve replied. While their adjustment to their new environments had gone relatively smooth, they were quick to find out that when Luna got overtired or upset her powers often cause a chain reaction for Lia and even Wanda.
"We understand." Clint smiled "speaking of which where my best friend?"
"Probably still asleep honestly." Steve chuckled "I'm going to head up there but we'll be down soon."

Steve smiled walking onto Natasha's floor, well it was now their floor. He had spent enough time there before they were even a couple that most of his things lingered there anyway, then one day she asked him to stay and he did. He smiled hearing sounds from the baby monitor that rested on the kitchen counter. He made his way to the room that had been converted from the guest bedroom to a room for Lia and Luna. The baby sat in the crib seeing Steve enter the room, happily babbling.
"Good morning, princess." He smiled picking the baby up, getting a smile in response. "should we go wake your Mama, hmm? Let's go." He walked across the hall to Natasha's room smiling at the sight of her and Lia curled into the bed a mix of blonde and red hair tangled on the pillows. Natasha yawned stretching her arms, Lia pulling the blanket over her head.
"Good morning." Steve said sitting on the bed next to Natasha's hip.
" how was your run?" Natasha asked sleepily, as Luna reached for her
"It was good, she come wake you early?" He asks gesturing to Lia.
"Yeah, around the time you left but she went back to sleep." She replied, Lia finally awoke hearing her sisters happy babbles, she sighed rubbing her eyes.
"Mama, 'm hungry." Lia mumbled into Natasha's shoulder
"Come on, sweat pea. Let's go find some breakfast, yeah?" Steve replied holding his arms out for the girl "I figured you'd want to wake Wands." He added
"Yeah, I'll change Lu while I'm at it." Natasha replied "I'll lay out some clothes for Lia too."
"Alright, meet for breakfast in 10?" Steve asked as Lia laid her head on his shoulder blanket nestled around her.
"Yep." Natasha smiled, leaning to press a quick kiss to his lips before making her way to Wanda's room.

Natasha smiled as she entered the teens room, shuddering at the coldness. Wanda had forgotten to close the windows and the feeling of the morning frost was in the air. The teen didn't seemed phased still completely asleep under a mound of fuzzy blankets and quilts. She adjusts the baby on her hip, sitting on the side of Wanda's bed.
"Wands, time to get up kiddo." Natasha says rubbing Wanda's arm.
"Too early..." Wanda mumbles burying her face deeper into her pillow
"Baby, it's already 9..." Natasha says " besides, I have a surprise for you."
Wanda opens her eyes slowly "what is it?"
"You'll have to come see." Natasha says pushing Wanda's hair out of her face. The family had originally planned to go visit the Barton farm for thanksgiving, but that was before they had gotten two new members. Wanda was upset when she found out they wouldn't be going to see them, withholding the information that they would be the ones visiting instead wasn't easy but she knew it would be a pleasant surprise. Wanda yawned before pulling herself out from under the covers, Luna reaching for her immediately. The baby had been taken with Wanda from day one and seeing the two interact made Natasha's heart melt.
"You feel better after last night?" Natasha asks adjusting the baby so she could be closer to Wanda.
"My head still feels a little fuzzy." Wanda said "she can't help it anymore than I can when her powers get a little out of control, right Lu?" The baby grabs hold of her finger as if understanding.
"We'll get you some medicine during breakfast." Natasha replies, she can clearly see the energy drained from the teen who still puts on a smile for the baby. They're not sure exactly what causes Wanda and Luna's powers to interact in such a way but the electricity from the baby seemed to provide an energy that influences the witch greatly, and even seems to startle Lia into hiding with the flashing of lights and crackling noises.
"You get changed okay, I'm going to change Lu." Natasha says standing from the bed, luckily with no protest from the baby.