Ch 27

Eventually Wanda had fell asleep, only to be plagued with nightmares. No amount of reassure could ever make her feel like she couldn't be ripped away from her family at an instant, her own doing or not. Red clouds her vision and the tears don't stop falling no matter how much Natasha assures her that she's not going anywhere, ever, no matter what. Her dreams feel real, she sees him again and he reminds her that she's replaceable again. He speaks just like she remembers, with the accent that she only has when she's really tired or upset, she's been learning to control it. He'll never get too. Wanda manages to cry herself to sleep, slumped against Natasha's side, only to repeat the cycle again once more.
The next morning Steve awakes to see that Natasha never returned to bed. He goes to the kitchen making two cups of coffee before heading for Wanda's room, opening her door quietly in case either of them are still asleep. He finds Natasha already awake Wanda still asleep, head on her shoulder. He sits next to her feet on the edge of the bed handing her a cup and brushing a kiss against her forehead. Natasha takes a few sips before speaking.
"I think she should see someone... for the nightmares." She starts "she's been her nearly a year and while they're not as often it's the same reoccurring trauma..."
"We had a shield therapist talk to her once, remember how well that worked out?" Steve replies, sarcasm in his voice.
"Did any of us really want to talk to a shield therapist? I know I sure as hell didn't." Natasha adds
"Maybe she should just talk to Sam..." Steve suggests
"I trust Sam but she sees him like a brother, she's not going to be anymore open with him than she is with us."
"I'm not sure if she'll go for it..." Steve says looking towards the sleeping teen
"She needs this." Natasha replies.
"I know, but it's going to hurt like hell." Steve says. He doesn't ever want to see Wanda in any pain. He'd been there for the nightmares and he knows that it can't get much worse, but Wanda's extremely happy and easy going during the day and he doesn't want to release any of the trauma into the parts of her life she loves and enjoys. Natasha manages to ease Wanda off of her shoulder, so that her and Steve can go talk in the kitchen.

Soon little footsteps patter in the hallways and they hear happy coos from the baby monitor, everyone is awake but Wanda. Natasha sighs answering her phone as she makes Luna's bottle. Steve and Lia are sitting at the kitchen counter eating bowls of cereal.
"Stark?" She asks answering the phone.
"Geez Natalie, wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Tony asks
"No, Tony, I slept just fine thanks for asking." She replies annoyance laced in her tone.
"Good, cause I was thinking you, Rogers, and the little witch should come to the tower for dinner. Pepper canceled her meetings and Pete's going to be here. Plus, I got the vodka I know you love...." He replies. Natasha roles her eyes, letting out a breathe.
"Are you bribing me?" Natasha asks, as she hands the bottle to her daughter.
"Maybe... is it working?" He replies
"What time?" She asks
"Around 6?" Tony suggests
"Okay, we'll be there." She says giving in.
"Great! See ya soon red." He replies quickly before hanging up.

"Tony?" Steve asks wiping Lia's mouth.
"he invited use to dinner at the tower around 6." Natasha replies
"Great." Steve says sarcastically
Wanda finally entered the kitchen going straight for the coffee pot, not bothering to add any cream as she drinks the warm liquid.
"We're going to dinner tonight at the tower." Steve says as she sits at the kitchen table.
"Why?" Wanda asks slightly confused.
"Tony invited us for dinner, Peter will be there." Steve replies
"I don't want to go." Wanda says taking another sip from her mug.
"It'll be fun...okay well maybe not fun, but Peter will be there and I know you two love to hang out." Natasha adds
"Can I please just stay home?" Wanda asks
"it'll be good to take your mind of last night." Steve suggests
"I don't want to go! Why can't I just stay home?!" Wanda says voice elevated, eyes slightly red.
"Hey! watch your tone, Wanda...." Natasha says giving her a pointed look
"I just don't want to go!" Wanda says voice slightly lower but filled with as much emotion
"Why not?" Steve asks voice low
"You.... you wouldn't understand! You'll never understand!" Wanda says getting up from the table, quickly and going to her room. Natasha sighs as she hears the door slam. Lia looks between both of her parents with big eyes.
"What are we going to do about that?" Steve asks running a hand over his face.
"Well considering this is her first actual outburst ever... I'd say we've done pretty good, Cap." Natasha replies.
"Rock, paper, scissors for who goes to talk to her in a few minutes?" He asks, slightly joking.
"I've got it." Natasha says chuckling, she waits a few minutes giving Wanda time to cool down.