𝟎𝟗 ➝ 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨

"Well, it's been a really fun weekend with you guys, but we gotta go!" You exclaimed, walking towards your train with Bokuto, Akaashi, Maemi, and Emiko. Kenma and Kuroo couldn't go with you guys to the train station, sadly.

"Yeah, we have exams to study for," Emiko informed.

You went up Akaashi. "I'll miss you," he said.

"I'll miss you too, Keiji, but it's okay, we can talk on the phone!" You assured him before pulling him into a tight hug. This action caused an 'Aw' to come out from Bokuto and Maemi's mouth. You rolled your eyes after pulling away. "Plus, we'll see each other soon for nationals!"

You waved goodbye to your new friends from Fukurodani as you got onto the train with Maemi and Emiko. Emiko immediately pulled out her textbook as you sat down.

"We literally just got onto the train, and you're already studying?" You questioned while taking a look at the book.

"My parents will kill me if I don't have good grades. I haven't had much time to study because of this trip," Emiko answered.

"Oh, sorry," you apologized.

Emiko's parents have always been strict with her and expect more from her than from her older sister and older brother. Sometimes, she comes to your window crying late at night because her parents got into a fight with her about grades.

"It's fine," she said, adjusting her glasses.

You peered over to look at Maemi's phone and saw that she was texting Osamu. So, you asked her why she was texting him.

"Osamu asked me to help him make some food, he's hosting a party to congratulate Atsumu on getting invited to this Japan youth training camp!"

"Of course Atsumu got invited," you sighed, feeling defeated.

You were kind of upset when you found out you weren't invited to it. You're a really big fan of the women's national volleyball team's coach, and you've been wanting to be trained by her. This training camp was your only chance to unless you made the Japan team after high school.

"Maybe I could help the two of you cook!" you suggested.

"No offense, Y/n, but the last time I tried cooking with you, you almost burnt my house down," Maemi confessed.

"Yeah, I get it," you frowned. "Shit! My phone died!"

"I forgot my portable charger at home, I would've given it to you," Emiko said.

Wait, was this Osamu's way of trying to get closer to Maemi? you wondered. Maybe it's a good thing that I'm a terrible cook!

You sat in silence for the majority of the train ride, since Maemi was texting Osamu the whole time and Emiko was studying. You would occasionally peek at Maemi and Osamu's texts, but they were always talking about food. So boring. This is going to be a long 3 hours.

Once you finally arrived back in Hyogo with your two best friends, you said goodbye to them and started walking back home. As soon as you got into your house, you saw a blond male sitting on your couch, talking to your mom.

"Mom...?" You questioned in confusion. "Why is Atsumu here?"

Atsumu turned over from the couch after hearing your voice. "Oh, hello, Y/n!"

"Atsumu, here, was worried because you weren't answering his calls, so he stopped by to make sure you were okay," your mom answered.

You furrowed your eyebrows and held up your dead phone. "My phone was dead, see? And besides, you knew I was still in Tokyo."

"I forgot!" exclaimed Atsumu. Then, he mouthed to you, 'I need advice ASAP!'

You rolled your eyes. "Mom, Atsumu and I will just be up in my room!" You went up to her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Okay! Leave the door open, I don't want you kids doing any nasty things!" she shouted.

"Mom!" you shouted. "Gross!"

Atsumu chuckled as he started walking to your room. "Okay, as you know, the winter formal is like really soon and I need to ask Kazuko. Tell me how."

"Atsumu! You can't just rely on me for these kinds of things! What's gonna happen when you're dating? Will you just ask me what to do all the time?!"

"Yes...?"

You slapped your forehead. "Do you guys have any inside jokes?"

"No, not really. I don't even joke around with her much," he replied.

How does he like her and he can't even joke around with her? you wondered.

"Maybe you could just be casual. Bring it up in a conversation and then ask her."

"That's a great idea, thanks! Anyways, did you know I got invited to-"

"The All Japan Youth Training Camp? Yeah."

"You probably didn't get invited since you suck," he snickered.

You glared at him. "Get out. Like actually. I'm not joking."

"I was just kiddin', sorry. I had no idea you were so sensitive since you act all tough all the time!" he explained.

You rolled your eyes. "Please just close your mouth."

His eyes widened. "Okay. Maemi's at my house with Osamu so I kinda don't wanna go home. They're cookin' food or some shit, so can I stay here for a while?"

"Fine, but go on my chair. I'm going to take a nap, don't disturb me," you yawned, rolling on your side to sleep.

Atsumu jumped onto your chair and went onto his phone. Maemi would probably be gone from his house in an hour or so. He would've stayed at his house, but it was obvious that Osamu has feelings for her, so he wanted to give them alone time.

Soon, you dozed off to sleep. Atsumu noticed you snoring, so he looked up from his phone and took a peek at your sleeping face. This is perfect blackmail. I have to take a picture of this, he thought.

He got up from his chair and opened the camera app on his phone. Fuck, why does she look so perfect when she sleeps? He decided that you didn't look like an old hag while sleeping, so he didn't take a picture of you. He stared at your sleeping face for a few moments, smiling, then went back to sitting on your chair.

Being with you felt different than being with Kazuko. Atsumu didn't have to worry about looking good or worry about what to say. He could just be himself around you. He liked that.