𝟏𝟕 ➝ 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐩𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

Three weeks had passed by quickly, meaning it was one week until nationals. Your team had been practicing like crazy, and you were hoping to win the national championship this year. Without your third year ace, your team wouldn't be nearly as good.

"Hit," you said to the dealer, Osamu. He handed you a card. Fuck. One away from Blackjack. 20.

"I fold," Maemi frowned, handing her boyfriend her cards.

"Hit!" shouted Atsumu. He looked at his cards and smirked.

"Stay," Emiko told Osamu.

"Alright, flip your cards!" Osamu announced.

You all flipped your cards, revealing Emiko to have 18 and Atsumu to have 21, blackjack.

"Fuck you, Atsumu! I was this close to winning all of the money!" You got up from your seat and started to charge at him.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He apologized, shielding himself from your attacks.

"Whatever," you scoffed, returning to your seat.

atsumuwhy the fuck areyou crying

atsumu
why the fuck are
you crying

How does he know I'm crying?

y/n
how the fuck do
you know that i am

atsumu
because my mom went
to tokyo today for a work
thing, and i remember that
cafe you told me about

so i asked her to get
cupcakes so we could eat it
together

and i'm outside your
window so i see you

You looked out your window to see Atsumu standing there with a box of cupcakes. You smiled as you walked over to your window, opening it.

You let him in and he plopped down on your bed. "Please tell me you got vanilla!"

"Of course. What kind of best friend would I be if I didn't know your favorite flavor?" He handed you your vanilla cupcake.

"You're not my best friend, but sure!"

"Whatever," he huffed. "If you were lyin' about these cupcakes, I'm going to be upset 'cause I paid my mom for these!"

You took a bite of your cupcake. "Mmm! Just as how I remembered it."

He took a bite of his chocolate cupcake as well. "Damn. You weren't lying."

You laughed. "I'm always right."

"Why were you cryin' earlier?" he questioned.

"I was just stressing over school and volleyball," you answered. No, I was crying over you.

"If you need help with that stuff you can always ask me! I'm super smart and the best at volleyball. I've been meanin' to ask you this, are you and Akaashi together now?" he mumbled with his mouth full of cupcake.

"No. Even if I liked him like that, it'd be super hard to do long distance," you responded, finishing the vanilla cupcake. He nodded. "How about you? How are you and Nishida?"

"Y/n, I think I'm in love with her."

Your heart shattered.

"That's cool! I wonder what the fangirls are going to think of that!" you joked. Joking is your coping mechanism.

"They'd probably go crazy! Shit- Kazuko is callin' me, I'll be right back," he announced before walking out of the room and into the hallway.

You went to the door and pressed your ear against it to eavesdrop. I shouldn't be eavesdropping. Their conversations should be private. You walked back to your bed and sat back down on it.

A few minutes later, Atsumu came back into the room. "Kazuko said she needed me to go to her house. I'm sorry, Y/n. You understand, right?"

You nodded. "Psh, yeah. Go be with your girlfriend, she needs you more than I do."

"I'll make it up to you!" he yelled before jumping out of the window.

You're his friend, and she's his girlfriend. She'll always be the top priority for him, and it'll be like that forever.

 She'll always be the top priority for him, and it'll be like that forever

ATSUMU
incoming call...

"What? I was studying and now you broke my train of thought," you snapped, annoyed at him. You heard sniffling from the other end of the call. "Wait, Atsumu? Are you crying? What happened?"

"S-she broke up with me."