𝟐𝟑 ➝ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐩𝐭. 𝟏

You felt nostalgic as you walked inside the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium. The first time you were here, you were just a scrawny first year who was scared to play in front of a big crowd. You've grown, though, and you weren't the same person you were a year ago.

Your team walked over to court A, where you were about to be playing against Iseoka High, the Aichi prefecture representative. They didn't really look intimidating at all, but you would judge their actual skill level when you played them on the court.

People knew you as Inarizaki's intimidating female setter, since you always kept on a straight face during every game. You got compared to Atsumu a lot, since you two are similar in many ways. One, you and Atsumu have a nasty topspin serve, and two, you're both one of the best setters in the nation.

Atsumu got up early today to see day one of nationals. His team got a by for the first round so he didn't have to play today. He wanted to see his opponents play, and he wanted to see you play as well.

Akaashi was currently in a match as well, but as soon as he finished it, he promised himself that he was going to watch your game. He didn't think he would be able to, though.

Inarizaki's band was here, but they didn't try nearly as hard for the girls than for the boys. The whistle blew, signaling that the game had started. You were up to serve. You threw the ball high up into the air and took your approach. Then, you slammed the ball onto the other side of the net, just barely in bounds.

The crowd cheered when you got the first point of the match. Even though you wanted to smile, you kept a straight face as you went back to the back of the court to serve again.

Your team ended up winning the match in two sets by a landslide. You were proud of yourself for getting a total of 12 service aces at the end of the match. By the end of it, you were extremely tired and wanted to go sleep in your hotel bed.

"Y/n! You were so good, I can't believe how amazing my best friend is!" Maemi exclaimed, pulling you into a tight hug.

"Yeah, you were really amazing out there," Emiko agreed.

Your mouth curved into a big smile. "Thank you, guys!"

"Your hit the ball and then in one second it was on the floor! It was so cool!" Maemi yelled. You laughed.

"You guys can go head out. Koutarou's game isn't over yet, so I'll probably go watch his. And I'll probably also go see Yachi," Emiko said.

"No, I'll stay! Bokuto-san said that he wanted me to watch his game yesterday, so I'll watch with you," you insisted.

You walked with Emiko to the Fukurodani match. Maemi decided to leave to be with Osamu. "Wait, Emiko! Just wait for me there, I'm gonna go buy some merch."

"Sounds good," she said as she walked away.

You jogged to the merchandise stand to get a t-shirt. You were deciding between a red oversized t-shirt and a blue regular t-shirt. You decided to buy the red one, and you were really happy with your purchase.

You walked over to the court where Bokuto and Akaashi were playing, but sadly, the game had already ended. You spotted your three friends across the court and went over to them.

"I'm so sorry for not watching! I went to go get this shirt and the line was super long," you apologized as you showed the shirt that you bought.

Bokuto chuckled. "It's okay, Y/n! It wasn't really my best game anyways. You can watch tomorrow's game!"

"I'll make sure that I'll watch it!" you promised.

After talking to them for a while, you decided to go back to your hotel room because you were really tired and all you wanted to do was sleep. You walked by yourself since Maemi already left without you.

 You walked by yourself since Maemi already left without you

Once you got to your hotel room, you took a quick shower. You only put on your red oversized shirt and your undergarments to go to sleep. You plopped onto your bed, getting ready to rest after a long day.

Someone knocked on your door. "Housekeepin'!" a male voice shouted.

You groaned. You were in a comfortable position on your bed and you didn't want to get up. However, you still got up and opened the door.

There, outside of the door, stood Atsumu.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
-
YOUR COMMENTS ARE GIVING ME LIFEEEEEEE LMFAO YALL TOO FUNNY