𝟑𝟗 ➝ 𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥

Standing before you was the boy who broke your heart in high school. You thought you would've gotten used to seeing him by now, but it still hurts all the same.

"Hey. Are you good?" he asks, a worried look in his eyes and hands in the pockets of his jacket.

You give him a small smile, looking up. "Yeah. Hey, heartbreak never stops me. You especially know that," you joke, trailing off.

He lets out a weak laugh at your joke before turning a little more serious. "I heard from 'Samu that you and Akaashi broke up... do you want to talk about it?"

You let out a frown at the mention of your break up. You knew it was bound to happen, yesterday was just the breaking point. The two of you have been growing distant for a couple months now and you both deserved someone who could fit into each other's schedule better.

Still, you were heartbroken over the end of your first real relationship. Akaashi had been with you through your highs and also your lows of the past three years. It was hard to let go of that, but he was ultimately the one who had the final call.

"Maybe later, Atsumu. For now, let's just get this photo shoot over with," you answer, earning a nod from the blond.

To say that Atsumu was worried about you would be an understatement. The paleness spread throughout your face made him assume that you haven't been eating well, which is not good especially since you're a professional volleyball player.

The makeup artists had to put extra bronzer on your face so that you looked healthy on camera.

You seemed out of it all day, which prompted Atsumu to do this after the two of you finished with your photo shoot. "Hey, do you maybe want to come over to Bokuto's place for a while with me? Sakusa, Hinata and his boyfriend will be over too," he suggests as you two walk out of the building.

He continues to explain, "I think it'd cheer you up— at least maybe a little bit."

You pause for a few seconds, wondering what to say. You knew that if you didn't go to this gathering, you would just be sitting on your bed, eating ice cream and depressed. Emiko and Maemi had other things to do so they wouldn't be there to watch a movie with you to cheer you up.

So, your decision was made.

"Sure."

The blond grins. "Really?"

"I mean, yeah, why not? There'll be drinks, though... right?"

"Yeah."

"Then I'm in."

You and Atsumu rode together in his car to Bokuto's place. The car ride wasn't necessarily uncomfortable but it was awkward to say the least.

Once the two of you arrived, you took a seat between Atsumu and Bokuto. "Y/n, are you okay? I heard what happened! Akaashi is so
dumb," Koutarou sighed.

"I'm okay Kou, don't worry about it," you lie with a smile. You certainly were not doing well with this break up, but there was no way you could admit that to his best friend.

Sakusa frowns. Although he doesn't show emotion a lot of the time, he genuinely does feel bad for you.

"Is it true though? The rumors that you and Atsumu are—" Hinata starts to say, but is cut off by Atsumu sending him a sharp look across the table. Sometimes, Hinata doesn't really know the appropriate time and place to ask questions.

Kageyama awkwardly laughs, dismissing his boyfriend. The raven-haired boy clarifies, "What he meant to say was that we're sorry and we'll be here if you need anything."