𝟏𝟔 ➝ 𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞

"That's gotta be one of the most awkward situations you could ever be in," Emiko chuckled. "I feel so bad for you. I hope you survive."

"I know! At least Keiji will make it less awkward," you said.

"Have you seen the way he looks at you? The poor guy likes you! If that doesn't make the situation worse, I don't know what will," Maemi pointed out. Emiko nodded in agreement.

"He does not like me," you said.

"Yes he does," Emiko argued.

You buried your head in your hands. "Can I just tell them that I'm sick?"

"No, I already told Osamu that I'm hanging out with you right now and Atsumu heard, so he'll know," Maemi told you.

"Why did I even agree to this yesterday anyway?" You questioned yourself.

"Probably because you wanted to make Atsumu jealous, but that's just a guess," Emiko laughed.

"True," you sighed and looked at the clock. "It's time. Wish me luck."

"Good luck," Emiko and Maemi said in unison.

You walked out of Emiko's room and said goodbye to her parents.

atsumu
you're coming right?

y/n
yes

atsumu
okay good

btw you still haven't thanked
me for telling akaashi to come

y/n
thank you

atsumu
you're welcome 😊

"So you're a setter too?! That's so perfect since Y/n is a setter! Soulmates!" Nishida exclaimed

"So you're a setter too?! That's so perfect since Y/n is a setter! Soulmates!" Nishida exclaimed. Atsumu laughed.

Does this girl not know that Atsumu's a setter too?

Akaashi forced a smile. "Mhm." You could tell that he did not want to be here. "We aren't dating, though."

"That's too bad! You guys would be a nice couple!" Nishida frowned, taking a bite of her food.

"Yeah... too bad," you agreed, taking a sip from your drink.

The double date was quite awkward, as you guys sat in silence for the majority of the time. Atsumu and Nishida were the only ones starting conversations, while you and Akaashi were quiet.

"Akaashi, you'll be at nationals right?" Atsumu asked.

"Yeah, I'll see you two there."

"I'm going too! I'm the manager and I have to support my favorite volleyball player in the world!" Nishida clung to Atsumu's arm. You and Akaashi's eyebrows furrowed in disgust.

You four finished up your food and decided to call it a night. "See you guys!" You called out before leaving. Akaashi and Atsumu followed you out.

"I'll take you home, Y/n," Akaashi said.

"No, you should go back to your hotel or wherever you're staying. I live really close to her so I'll take her home," Atsumu insisted.

"How about this? You can walk your girlfriend home, and then I can walk Y/n home," Akaashi suggested.

"Fine," Atsumu scoffed, walking back to Nishida. Atsumu really wanted to walk you home. He wanted to talk to someone that he could trust, and the only person he could trust other than his family was you. He wanted to talk to you. He hated that Akaashi was stealing you away from him.

You started walking home with Akaashi by your side, just like yesterday.

"That was the most awkward thing ever,"Akaashi laughed.

"You took the words right out of my mouth!" You started to laugh with him.

"Do you want to be a professional volleyball player when you grow up?" He blurted, out of nowhere.

"Yeah, for sure. I love volleyball so much. How about you?"

"Don't get me wrong, I love the sport. But I feel like I'd want to be a writer or something when I'm older, you know, to just chill."

"That's what I used to think. But when I was 12, my grandma told me that I'd never make it to the professional league, so I wanted to prove her wrong."

"That's a shitty grandma."

"I know. She died two years ago."

Akaashi's eyes widened in shock. "I'm sorry for your loss." Akaashi's smile turned into a frown.

"I'm just kidding, she's alive and well. Gotcha!" You giggled.

Akaashi lightly pushed you. "Y/n! That's not funny, you can't joke about that stuff!"

"Sorry," you apologized as you walked up to your house. "I guess this is goodbye until nationals."

Akaashi told you the other day that he was leaving today at night.

He nodded. "Goodbye, Y/n."

"See you, Keiji. Have fun on the train."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
-
we will get more atsumu content soon