𝟎𝟏 ➝ 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝

"Look at this, Atsumu!" You said as you set the ball from your hands to him.

"Woah! That's so cool!" He yelled in excitement after catching the ball.

"I think I want to be a setter," You told him.

"I think I want to be one too! We can be setters together!" He beamed.

"Okay!" You agreed.

You, Atsumu, Osamu, and Maemi were the best of friends as children

You, Atsumu, Osamu, and Maemi were the best of friends as children. You four were always together, never separated.

That all changed once you got into junior high. You and Atsumu drifted, as you were both setters and extremely competitive. You guys ended up becoming rivals, arguing on a day to day basis about who's the better setter. You and Osamu were still close friends, however.

You and Maemi stayed best friends, and she's one of the only people you trust with your whole heart. She's sweet and caring, kind of like a mom. She always makes sure that you're okay.

In your second year of junior high, a girl named Emiko Ishida moved to Hyogo from Tokyo. She was the quiet and studious type, which was the opposite of your adventurous, carefree personality. However, when you two were in the same class, you got close and got along well.

"Fine, Y/n, I'll come to your volleyball game, but I'll probably be doing homework during it," Emiko sighed.

"You're such a supportive best friend," You joked, sarcastically. "Emiko, you're always doing homework or some shit like that, take a break!"

"I have to get perfect grades in order to get into Tokyo University next year," she rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry! I'll be there, cheering you on. I'm your number one supporter, after all!" Maemi exclaimed with a bright smile on her face.

You wished you could hug her, but she was on the other side of the lunch table. She's been your number one supporter since the day you started volleyball, and she always comes to all your games unless she has an emergency.

You took a bite of your sandwich that you had packed from lunch when someone covered your eyes. "Guess who!"

"Osamu?" You guessed.

"Nope! It's me," Atsumu chuckled.

"Why are you here, pisshead?"

"I just wanted to wish you good luck on yer game today, even though I know you'll fail," he explained.

"Bother someone else for once, will you?" Emiko snapped.

"Woah there, chill. I was just going to leave. Bye, Y/n! Hope you miss all yer sets!"

"Fuck you, Atsumu!" You shouted as he left the lunch table.

"He's very mean... Osamu is nicer," frowned Maemi.

"Agreed," both you and Emiko nodded in unison.

You ended up doing really well during your match, with over 50 assists at the end of the game

You swung your bag around your shoulder as you walked out of the locker room, and found Osamu, Atsumu, and Maemi waiting for you.

"Um, hi?" You said in confusion.

I guess Emiko left.

"Come on, we're having a 'family-friend' dinner today," Atsumu rolled his eyes.

Your families have dinner often to catch up with each other. The twins' mom, Maemi's mom, and your mom were best friends in high school and still are. They were the main reason why you four even got close. You were practically raised together.

You four walked out of the gym and started walking to the twins' house. You casually talked to each other along the way, except Atsumu.

Once you got into the house, you saw the six parents and your older brother already sitting at the dinner table.

"Maemi! Y/n! It's so nice to see you, girls, again!" the twin's mom greeted after she got up from her chair.

"It's nice to see you too, Mrs. Miya!" She pulled you into a tight hug as you said that. The twin's mom was always very friendly, warm, and welcoming to you, that was your favorite thing about her.

You four got seated at the dinner table and started eating the delicious food that the parents made. "How is volleyball going for you, Y/n? I heard from your dad that you're ranked as the number two female setter in high school now!" asked Maemi's dad.

"It's going great!" You responded before flashing a smile.

"Still number two unlike me..." Atsumu muttered under his breath. You kicked him under the table once you heard the words come out of his mouth. "Ow!"

"Are you okay, sweetie?" His mom asked, concerned.

He eyed you before answering, "I'm fine, mom."

You all finished eating, and you left right after since it was a school day tomorrow.

Your older brother, Hiroshi, was driving since your mom and dad had gotten a little tipsy. He's two years older than you and is currently attending Tokyo University, majoring in Computer Science. He's a smart guy, and people usually compared the two of you. They thought of you like the sporty, reckless sister, while they thought about him as the intelligent, responsible brother.

You were always bothered by this, but you didn't really care at the end of the day.

Once you got home, Hiroshi stopped you in the hallway. "I fucked up really bad, Y/n. Really bad."

"What happened? What'd you do?"

"I got a girl pregnant."

"Oh my god! Who?"

"Ishida's older sister."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
-
i don't know much about japanese culture, honorifics, etc. so i'll try my best!!