𝟎𝟒 ➝ 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬

"I got his number!" Maemi exclaimed in excitement.

"Who's number?" You asked, confused.

"The cute guy I bumped into at the vending machine! Suna!" She responded with a bright smile on her face.

"That's nice. How'd you get it?" Emiko questioned.

"I saw him outside school, and he saw me too, I guess, and he asked me for my number! We've been texting all day!"

"That's so sweet! You're making me feel so alone right now," you wiped a fake tear from your cheek.

"My cousin's best friend from Tokyo asked for your number a while back, if you're still feeling lonely I can give it to him," Emiko suggested.

"Who's he again?"

"I genuinely forgot his name, but he's kinda quiet and plays volleyball. I believe he's a setter? He's in the same year as us too."

"Sure, you could give it to him, I guess," you replied.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you guys something. My sister's pregnant. Like, deadass," she informed you two.

"Yeah... and Emiko, I don't know if you know this yet, but my brother's the father," you informed her. She nodded, making you believe that she already knew about this.

Maemi's jaw dropped in shock. "This is too much information to process!" You and Emiko laughed at how shocked she was. "So you two are going to be like... in-laws?"

"I guess? I have no idea," you answered.

"Psst! Y/n! Over here!" Atsumu interrupted.

"What the fuck do you want? I already gave you her number," you scoffed and rolled your eyes in annoyance.

"I need help on what to text her," he responded

"Fine. See you later, guys," you smiled as you waved goodbye to your two best friends.

You sat down on the table where the rest of the volleyball team was sitting and took a look at his phone.

atsumu miya
good morning

nishida kazuko
good morning!!

"What do I say?" Atsumu was hyperventilating, which made you hold in your giggles.

"That's really all you could think about? Jeez! You're so dry!"

"No I'm not, I put lotion on every day," he frowned.

"No, not- nevermind. Just ask her how her day has been going."

"Oh, I just noticed you were here, Y/n! Hello!" Kita greeted. He's definitely your favorite upperclassman, as he's very sweet to everyone around him, he's also responsible. You look up to him, and if you become captain next year, you want to be just like him to your teammates.

"Hi, Kita-san!" You greeted back.

"Ew, why are you here? This table is reserved for good volleyball players only," huffed Osamu. Atsumu chuckled at his twin brother's joke.

"Bitch-" you started to say.

"Just kidding!" Osamu laughed.

"You better be, or else."

"What do I say? What do I say!" Atsumu panicked.

You turned your head to look at the blond. "Calm down, little boy. Let me see what she said."

atsumu miya
how has your day been going?

nishida kazuko
it's been going great, how
about you?

"Just tell her how your fucking day has been going? Are you dumb?" You yelled.

"Okay! Sorry!" He apologized as he quickly typed a response.

As Atsumu was typing, you overheard the conversation that Osamu and Suna were having.

"I asked her for her number today!" Suna told Osamu.

"Oh! Y-yeah, that's great. Really great," Osamu weakly smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

"She's a really nice girl, I'm thinking of taking her on a date sometime next week or just hanging out if we continue talking."

Osamu slightly frowned. "I'm sure she'll like that. If you do decide to take her on a date, take her on a picnic date, okay? She loves those. She also loves the sun a whole lot, because of the way her eyes glisten in it, so make sure to bring her when it's sunny. Oh! And bring some banana bread. That's her favorite food. Talk about food or cookin'... or bakin' with her, those are her passions."

Through it all, you could hear the pain in his voice and the sadness in his facial expressions.

A few moments after, you felt your phone vibrate in the right pocket of your jeans.

unknown number
hi, i got your number from emiko

y/n, right?

You thought about what to say, then started typing on your phone's keyboard.

y/n
yeah! may i ask what
your name is?

unknown number
akaashi keiji

nice to meet you :)