Chapter 41

Harry's POV

Tonight's show was buzzing, but the downfall to it was Jen was working at her event tonight, and once she'd finished I was on stage performing. I hated not being able to talk to her before I went to sleep, but she had sent a text through saying goodnight.

It was hard to relax after a show, I was always up and ready to do something, Jen was always the perfect way to unwind. I don't know how I went those seven months without being able to talk to her, but I preferred not thinking about it because those were the worst of my life.

My phone started ringing and I leaped for it thinking it was her, I recognised it as some Australian number, and my mind went straight to something bad happening to her and someone was trying to get in contact with me. It was 2am over there, no one would be calling for a casual chat.

"Hello?" I answered more panicky and eager than I probably should have.

"Harry, I haven't spoken to you in ages!"

I immediately relaxed when I heard the familiar British accent.

"Is that you Ed?" I hadn't seen or heard from Ed in a bit. He'd been busy touring and doing his promo rounds, I had no idea he was even in Australia.

We'd be good friends for a couple of years now. He was always someone I could talk to about my relationship struggles, music, and life in general really. He was one of the most genuine people I had come across in my life, and I was lucky to call him a friend.

"Yeah it's me, how's life treating ya old pal?

"Yeah really good actually. You in Australia? Isn't it like 2am over there?"

"Yeah i'm in Melbourne actually. I met this girl that works for MTV at this gig I did for them tonight. She just left my room, so I thought why not call up Harry and see what he's up to."

"Who? Jen might know her..."

"Her name was Jen actually! Light brown hair, brown eyes, red lips, little anchor tattoo on her wrist...she was hot, and a bloody good kisser I might add. These Australian girls, you're onto something magic here mate!"

Was he pulling my leg? He had just described Jen to me, and I don't know if he even realised, surely he would have known exactly who she was when he met her, and she wouldn't have cheated with Ed when she knew he was one of my good friends. She wouldn't have cheated full stop.

"F*ck off you w*nker!" I laughed at him, he was definitely pulling my leg.

"Can't fool you, never could. Nah I did meet Jenelle though, we had a good chat, but she is hot I wasn't joking about that!" He laughed in return.

"Apart from her appearance, what did you think? She's a good one yeah?"

"Yeah she's a good girl. She's a little quiet, much different to all the other girls that were there, most of them were obnoxious!"

"She's shy, she's even shy around me still sometimes. What did you guys talk about?"

I knew it wasn't really my business, but I was curious, and I hadn't spoken to her tonight really, so I liked hearing about her and what she was like when she was not with me.

"Mostly about you, Harry that girl is madly in love with you! I saw her texting you and you should have seen her smile, and just the things we spoke about, there's just moments you know that someone is really in love. I think you have a keeper on your hands to be honest with you!"

You couldn't pay me to wipe this cheesy smile off my face right now. I knew she loved me, but when someone who had just met her could see it in her face and hear it in her voice, it reassured me that we were fine and our relationship was solid.