Chapter 52

Before you read, just know this is completely made up, and how I wanted to write this. No one knows the real circumstances, but I felt it had to be addressed in this book, as I try and keep it as realistic as possible. Obviously Zayn left prior to the date in this chapter, which is April, but clearly I didn't know he was leaving, so enjoy this fictional goodbye.

Jen's POV

"You look amazing baby," Harry complimented me as he zipped up my dress.

Something was off about him today, he was unusually quiet, and everytime I glanced over to him he seemed to be deep in thought about something weighing on his mind.

It couldn't have anything to do with me, or anything that happened yesterday, this was a side to him I hadn't really seen too often. He was down, but trying to hide it from me, but I knew Harry, and I knew he wasn't okay.

I put off asking what was wrong, I thought if he wanted to talk he would approach me, but he still hadn't.

He was adjusting the cuffs of his shirt when I turned around, and he looked miserable to say the least. Not like the normal Harry I knew and loved.

I watched as he sat on the bed, slowly placing his boots on without a word. He hunched over and stared at the wall opposite him, and I could no longer keep quiet about it.

"Harry..." I almost whispered, treading very lightly with this situation.

"Yeah? Is something wrong?" His eyes trailed to me, glassing over with the tears I could see him holding back.

"I'm fine, but I know you're not. If you don't want to talk about it that's fine, but I can feel that something is wrong and I'm...I'm worried."

"Come here please," he held his hand out to me. I approached him taking his hand in mine, and he pulled me onto his lap, wrapping both arms around me.

"Today's going to be hard for me. Not just me, but everyone. Something's happened that none of us saw coming, and really hoped never would happen," he began his explanation.

"What?" I encouraged him to continue. If it had him this upset, I knew it must have been something big, Harry didn't just get emotional over anything.

"Zayn's decided to leave the band. We thought the break was temporary, that he would come back after he was rested and sorted his life out, but he's doing this awards show then it's done."

My heart stopped in my chest, I never thought this day would come either.

I knew Zayn was having a few issues from what Harry had told me, but I didn't think it would lead to this. He was always so happy, and loved by his bandmates, I knew this would be tearing Harry up inside.

"Why?" I asked, not trusting myself to say anything else that would potentially upset him further.

"He's tired Jen, he's had enough. There's only so much backlash and criticism a guy can take, especially a guy like Zayn.

He was quiet, and very reserved. He liked his privacy, and in this industry it's so hard to have that. People feel like we're not entitled to it, so they don't allow us to have it.

The rest of us could handle it, but he never could. He's been under a lot of stress in his career and personal life, so I understand why this is happening, but it certainly doesn't hurt any less."

He pulled a hand away from me and cover his eyes, letting out the built up emotions he was holding in.

Seeing Harry cry broke me inside, his pain was my pain, and I could feel my chest tightening up from just the sight of him.