Chapter 78

Jen's POV

"Where are we going?" I asked Harry from the passenger seat, an hour into our drive to who knows where.

"For the tenth time today, you'll see when we get there," he laughed at my impatience, and anxious nature to know where we were going.

He had packed an overnight bag for us, mentioning we wouldn't really need that many clothes for where we were going.

I didn't like the fact we were leaving Anne and Gemma, who were not going to be here for much longer. The house was a little awkward though, with Gemma and Angus doing their best to avoid each other at all times.

I didn't quite understand the whole thing really- they were staying out of each other's way and not having contact, to try and prove they couldn't be apart. It made no sense to me, but I suppose it made sense to them.

I wouldn't mind Gemma moving down here to Australia, and having Angus back at work with me. He and Mason didn't particularly get along though, it was kind of like they tried to fight for my affection, but there was no competition between them for me.

They both brought me different types of friendships, ones I appreciated equally, and couldn't imagine my life without them anymore.

Angus was your protective big brother type of male friend- the one that would do anything for you, protect you from all the assholes in the world, joke around with you, and push all your buttons at the same time.

Mason was your shoulder to cry on type of male friend- the one you could watch soppy movies with, cry for hours with over petty things, tell you how amazing you were even when you weren't feeling your best, and cheer you up with a single corny joke.

I loved them both, and wanted them both around me, I just wished they would start getting along and realise I have room for both of them in my life.

So I would love for Gemma to realise she loved Angus enough to want to move here for him, plus I knew how good it would be for Harry to have a family member here. I knew he loved my family, and he constantly told me I was all he needed, but I knew he was secretly hoping she would move here too.

I just hoped I hadn't left Sam in the most awkward and uncomfortable house for these two days, I didn't want to be getting ten phone calls biting my ear off with complaints.

"Okay we're here now," he stopped the car in front of a small wooden villa, situated between two others.

"What's this?" I took in the beautiful house in awe. The location was relatively secluded from what I could see, and there was a large lake behind the villas.

"I wanted to get you out of the house for a couple of days, you deserve this," he reached for my hand, placing a small kiss to my knuckles.

He left the car, jogging over to my side and helping me out like he had been doing since our first date. The one thing about Harry was he never changed, no matter how long we'd been together.

He was still polite in everything he did, he opened doors and pulled chairs out for me, was still gentle in the bedroom like our first time, still told me I was beautiful and he loved me, and still gave me that nervous twist in my stomach whenever I saw him after being away on tour.

A lot of couples lost those feelings, and the small polite gestures faded the more they got comfortable with each other, but Harry never missed a beat when treating me how a girlfriend deserved to be treated. I was lucky.

"Why are you smiling like that?" He chuckled at my huge grin as he helped me out.

"I just think it's sweet you still open doors for me, you never stopped doing that and I love it," I kissed his cheek.