Chapter 8

Harry's POV

Desolation; a word used to describe feeling great unhappiness or loneliness. A word that best described my current mood after leaving that flat, and leaving her.

On top of the heartache I had endured the second she told me we couldn't be together, an overwhelming feeling of emptiness took over me as I said goodbye to her for the final time.

It was official now, we were done. I always held onto the hope she would come back to me, that was the only thing that kept me sane most days.

Hearing her tell me even after what happened last night, she still couldn't be with me, it was like a dagger right through the heart. It made our break up all the more real, I'd given up hope now.

My heart was empty without her, just like your body needed a heartbeat to survive, my heart needed her presence to feel whole again, to feel like it had a purpose in my body besides keeping me alive to live a life without her now.

I couldn't keep thinking she'd come back to me, I had to let her go now. As hard as it was to walk away from her, I had to do it. I couldn't stand there and let her promise to keep in contact when I knew she wouldn't, and I couldn't stand there and listen to her give up on us.

It's like she didn't even care at all, it was just "no I can't do it" and that was that. She didn't even try, she didn't want to. I had to give up on her like she gave up on me, it was the only way I could move on with my life.

I didn't know where I was going exactly, I just kept walking until I stumbled across a bar the lads and I had visited a fair bit when we were in London. Alcohol wouldn't solve anything, it never did. It did numb the pain a little, but once it wore off I was back to being miserable.

It was nice to just be in a place that was familiar to me. It had a comforting feeling to it, a lot of good memories were held here, memories of a time before she came along and destroyed my heart.

"Just a coke please," I sat at a stool at the bar and handed the man my card. There was no point drinking, I didn't particularly enjoy it anyway, plus what was the point in momentarily numbing my inner pain when it would just return an hour later.

"I see you're on the hard stuff today Styles," a female voice brought me to attention.

"Well if it isn't Paige!" I smiled at my old friend and she leaned in and gave me a hug.

"Long time no see, where have you been hiding? Shacked up with your pretty new Australian girlfriend I hear!" She took a seat next to me and ordered herself a drink.

"Erm we're not together anymore. So what brings you to London anyway? New York getting a little boring for you?" I quickly changed the subject, not wanting this conversation to be about my failed love life.

"Ha, you know New York isn't the same without you!" She winked and took a sip of her drink.

Paige and I briefly dated, if you could even call it that. It was more a repeated hook up whenever I was in town. I did fancy her, but she wasn't ready to commit to a relationship back then.

"Mmm, well we got some time off coming up after our next tour so maybe I'll visit again!"

"I'm sure your fans would love that! I can already see the headlines now, 'Harry back with ex Paige' and your fans will be sending me death threats again within seconds!" She scoffed.

A whole lot of drama went down with Paige and I. I guess some conversations she claimed were fake emerged of her saying she was basically using me, and a friend of hers had leaked a photograph of us together in a hotel room in a compromising position. Of course my fans had jumped on her, having my best interests at heart.