Chapter 2

Harry's POV

"Now boys, we have the MTV awards coming up in London, but we're only there for three days! You'll be performing so you'll have rehearsals tomorrow right after we arrive, the show the next day, then a day off before we leave again for your Paris appearance," Paul was calling out our schedule in the conference room of this Italian hotel.

We'd been touring Europe since the end of last year, promoting our new album. We had a small break over the holiday period, now we were back at it. We only had a couple of weeks left until we had another two week break, before we kicked off our next Australian tour.

Australia- the country I should be looking forward to visiting again, but I'd never dreaded more in my life. To make the whole situation worse, we were playing a show on Valentines Day, in her hometown. I couldn't even bring myself to say her name, it physically pained me to even picture her face.

Losing her was the worst feeling I had ever felt, even worse than the first time I lost her, but I understood why we had to end things. I didn't agree to the break up because I didn't love her, shit I loved her more than anything in this world, I still did- I agreed to the break up because I knew how much pain she was in being apart, because I felt that pain too.

It might not make sense to anyone us breaking up because we missed each other, but it made sense to us. I believed in the whole if you love someone let them go, and if it's meant to be they will come back to you. I'd never lose hope that I'd have her back one day, with me, where she belonged.

We would have been together a year soon- January thirteen to be exact. The day was approaching much too soon, and memories of her flooded my mind more than usual now. I wondered if she ever thought of me, as much as I thought of her. I wondered if she still wore my ring, the ring I gave her at the airport, and the necklace I gave her for her birthday.

I often checked up on her social media, just to see what she was up to. She uploaded photos with one particular male quite often, each time pained me more than the last. I had no idea who he was, besides the fact his name was Mason and it appeared he worked with her. I wondered if she had moved on with him. It was none of my business, she wasn't mine anymore, as much as I wished she was.

"Can you make sure the people that introduce us actually know our names, we don't want a repeat of what happened to the 5SOS lads," Niall laughed.

"Well I can assure you the two people introducing you know you quite well," Paul laughed along with Niall.

"Oh yeah, who?" Zayn asked.

I walked over to the side of the room and grabbed myself a bottle of water, taking a swig. I didn't particularly care who was introducing us. I didn't care about much anymore, the most important thing in my life was no longer present, so everything else seemed insignificant in comparison.

"Well according to this running sheet they've emailed over, the people introducing you are Angus and Jen," he read from his screen.

I started choking on my water from the sharp inhale of air I had taken in from the mention of Jen's name. Everyone turned to look at me- Liam leaped from his chair to pat my back to help the water travel down, so I could breathe again.

"You alright, mate?" He asked me.

"Yeah, the water just went down the wrong way, that's all," I walked back over to my seat.

"You know that's not what I'm referring to," he looked me in the eyes, waiting for me to breakdown or something.

"I'm fine, Liam!" I glared at him. Liam was the only person I really opened up to about my break up with Jen, because he understood it. He was the only other member of the group that went through a breakup with a girlfriend, after their relationship was in the public eye for so long. He was with me the night I got the phone call from Jen, when we gave up on the one thing that got me through the last year.