Chapter 28

Harry's POV

"Do I really have to go tonight? I'd rather stay in with you!" I whined as I buttoned up my shirt. I didn't know what the purpose of this boys night was, and usually I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I was only here for a few more days.

"Yes you do! Plus it gives you more time to spend with my dad! I'm going out with my mum, your mum and Gemma so I won't be here anyway!" Jen called out from the bathroom where she was getting ready.

"Can't we just say you're having some pains or something?" I tried my luck one last time, but I knew it was probably a waste of time.

"Are you trying to use our baby to get out of spending time with my dad?" She appeared in the doorway with her curling iron in hand.

"No!" I lied. It wasn't that I didn't want to see her dad, I really just couldn't be bothered going out.

"I didn't think so!" She said sternly before disappearing again.

"Do I at least get a reward if I'm a team player tonight, and stop complaining?" I walked into the bathroom, and wrapped my arms around her from behind.

"You want me to reward you for not being a sook? Yeah I don't think so!" She brushed me off.

"Jen it's party time!" Gemma came into the bathroom with what appeared to be a bottle of champagne, and two glasses.

"Just give me a minute, your brother's been pestering me!"

"Harry leave her alone, Angus and his mates are over at his old apartment, off you go!" Gemma tried to get rid of me while she poured a glass for Jen and handed it to her.

"I don't think so!" I took it from her hand, appalled she would even give her alcohol.

"It's non alcoholic, do you think I'm an idiot or something?" Gemma snatched the glass back from me and re handed it to Jen.

"I'm worried about her going out with you!" My sister was known to get pretty wild on her nights out. She was also the first to get drunk in her group, and lost all sense of morals when under the influence of alcohol. She wasn't the most trustworthy person I wanted Jen around while in that state, let's just say that.

"Harry I'll be fine! Now go before Angus makes my dad do a keg stand or something stupid like that!" She pushed me out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom.

"Last chance to back out!" I gave it one last shot.

"Babe come on, you'll have a good time! I love you, have fun!" She kissed me.

"Ugh, fine! I love you too, don't let Gemma talk you into doing anything stupid!"

"I won't, now go!" She turned me around and smacked my arse before walking back into the bathroom.

I loved that girl, she managed to make me smile even by doing the simplest of things.

"Robin!" I called out to my step dad.

"I'm here! You ready?" He asked me.

"Yeah come on!" We walked out the door, and bumped into Lauren towards the elevator.

"Harry! It's so good to see you honey!" She immediately pulled me into a hug and squeezed me.

"Good to see you too! I'm so sorry we haven't been around to your place yet, I feel awful about it!" I really did, I wanted to make a big effort with Jen's family, but it was difficult to find time this trip.

"It's fine, I'll see you tomorrow for the dinner though right?"

"Yes I'm looking forward to it. Oh Lauren this is my step father by the way, Robin!" I introduced her. "Robin this is Jen's mum Lauren!"