Chapter 27

Jen's POV

Summer was over, but this Melbourne weather was so unpredictable, it could be hot and unbearable one day, and cold and raining the next.

Today was a cold and raining day, and I knew Anne and Robin were stuck indoors all day with Harry while I was at work. I wanted to do something tonight, but there was little to be done on a Wednesday night.

"Mason, what's good to do around here?" I sat on his desk and asked for his help. He was more of a social butterfly than I was, he knew what was around Melbourne on any night of the week.

"There's not much you can do in an office," he answered.

"Not in the office! In Melbourne! I want to do something tonight with Harry's parents, but I don't know what! I don't want to do dinner, that's boring! I want to do something interesting, any ideas?"

"Have you ever gone ice skating?" He changed the subject.

"No, but what's that got to do with anything? Mason help me!" I shook his shoulders and he laughed.

"If you let me continue, I would have said I'm going ice skating with my family, the rink is open late tonight, you guys should come!"

"I don't want to impose!" Ice skating sounded fun, I'd never done it before, and it was definitely more interesting than a dinner.

"You wouldn't be imposing at all! We're not going to be the only people there!" He chuckled, "Plus Nori is dying to meet Harry, she's been bugging me everyday about it, so this is perfect!"

"Oh really? So it's just Harry you want there?" I folded my arms and raised my eyebrows in more of a joking manner than offence.

"No! I'm just saying it would work out well for everyone! Of course I want my main girl there!"

"Mmm! Do you think you're allowed to skate while pregnant? It's not going to harm the baby or anything is it?" I remembered I had another human to look out for now, and skating while pregnant seemed to have alarm bells go off in my head.

"You should be fine, it's still a little fifty cent coin, there's nothing to even harm yet!" What he said did make sense, I supposed I should have gotten all the fun stuff in before I did blow up like a whale, and could barely stand on my feet for more than five minutes.

"Okay! Well I'll talk to Harry when I get home, and I'll text you and let you know if he's up for it!" I told him.

"Sounds good!" He smiled, and I made my way over to my desk to grab my things and head home.

...

"Do you remember when I took you ice skating as a child?" Anne asked Harry as he drove us to the ice rink.

Everyone was excited about the suggestion of going ice skating tonight. When I arrived home, Gemma and Angus were over and I told Harry and his parents about tonight, and they invited themselves along.

Sam had gone to Sydney for the remainder of Calum's time here in Australia, which told me they had obviously patched things up, so she wouldn't be coming with us tonight.

"Yeah I remember you used to take us to that little ice rink in Manchester, and we would absolutely freeze! I was never any good at it, but I've gotten a little better!" Harry responded to his mum, reminiscing on his childhood.

I wish I knew Harry when he was younger. Going by the stories Anne had shared with me, he sounded like such a confident child with a lot of enthusiasm, something I hoped our child inherited, as well as his curls and green eyes.

"You have not! The last time we went ice skating you fell on your arse within the first five minutes!" Gemma teased her brother from the back of the car.