Chapter 11

Jen's POV

I knew my conversation with Harry wouldn't have been a pleasant one. I didn't really let him talk though, I pretty much cut him off before he could even give me his opinion.

It wasn't that he wasn't allowed to have a say, it was more the fact I was scared and he didn't seem to be. He was happy about this, he saw this baby as a blessing to us. I guess I would see his point once this all really processed in my mind, but for now I was still in the mind set that I would be a terrible mother to our unborn child.

I suppose it was a good thing he was happy about the news, because if he were worried about having the child and left me alone to deal with it, I would be much worse off in my decision to go through with this pregnancy. We balanced each other out in that sense, and once I had time to think about everything on my own, I would allow him back in and we could really talk about this, no matter what I decided in the end.

My mum didn't talk to me on the way home, I think she knew I just wanted time to myself to think. I didn't know if she saw what the pamphlets were for, but if she did suspect I was pregnant, I was highly surprised she didn't interrogate me as soon as I got back into the car.

"Do you want me to come in?" My mum asked as she stopped outside my apartment building.

"Would you mind if we went back to your's and dad's house? I mean, if you have plan's tonight that's fine..." I just didn't want to be alone tonight, suddenly my plan to watch sappy movies and eat my weight in ice cream wasn't so appealing.

"Honey you are always welcome, it's your home too. Your father is worried about you too I called him when I was on the way over to the hospital, so I'm sure he would like to see you," she reached over and palmed my cheek. Her touch was always comforting to me, and it took everything in me not to break down right now in this car.

"Thanks," I gave her a small smile, and her face told me she was waiting for me to say something to her about my results today, but when I turned back to look out of my window, she let out a small sigh and pulled away from the sidewalk.

The drive back to my parents house was just as quiet as on the way to my apartment, but I knew I wouldn't have this silence for much longer. Not when I told my parents I was pregnant with Harry's child.

As soon as I walked into our house, my childhood house, I felt a sense of safety and security. Like nothing bad could ever happen to me here. My mum walked into the kitchen and put the kettle straight on, and my desire for silence was interrupted as soon as my father ran down the stairs.

"Jen are you okay?" He pulled me into his arms and kissed the top of my head.

"Yes dad, I didn't eat today I guess, and I fainted," I shrugged like there wasn't something greater to this.

"You'd think after all these year's you'd know I know when you're lying to me Jenelle Taylor!" My dad was a lawyer, and a good one at that. He could tell the best poker faces, and Sam and I rarely ever got away with anything under his watch.

"I..." I was so nervous to say anything, I had no idea how he would react. He was a reasonable man, he played a big part in Harry and I getting back together after he cheated on me, so it wasn't the fact that it was Harry's baby that I was scared to tell him. I was his oldest daughter, I was meant to be the responsible one.

"Ryan I think we should leave her be," my mum walked into the hall and gave him a nod.

"Is something going on here that I don't know about?" My dad looked from my mum to me.

I looked to my mum who was looking from me to my dad, not knowing what to say.

"You know don't you?" I asked her.