Chapter 12

Jen's POV

As I woke up the next morning, I felt a body pressed up against mine, and my hand had been holding onto an arm of an unknown person.

Confused, I flipped my body around so I could face the mystery person, and my heart started to race at who I saw beside me. I had no idea when he had come, but I was glad he was here.

Our past wasn't filled with only amazing memories, and the last time I had woken up next to him the rest of the morning ended up in pure disaster. I didn't want that this time, I didn't want this to be the last time I woke up next to him in months. I wanted this to be the first morning of the rest of our lives.

I was stupid to have let him go, I knew that now. I was angry with myself that it took a pregnancy for me to realise I loved him, and we could make this work no matter what. He was my first real love, and he would be my last.

This pregnancy wasn't going to be easy. I had no idea what to expect, but besides the whole body changes and morning sickness I had to look forward to, I still had to remember Harry was in the public eye, and as his partner I was too.

I couldn't even imagine the stories the media would spin about this, let alone his fans. I had to prepare myself for the backlash, but at the end of the day, all that really mattered was him and I, and our baby.

Our baby, it was weird to even think about it. We had created a little life, and it was still going to take a little while before I wrapped my head around the whole thing, but the idea of a mini us in his arms, cradling it to sleep as he sang to them really made me think the scrutiny, the actual pregnancy, and even the fight we had yesterday was all worth it in the end.

There was never any other option whether to keep this baby or not. I knew deep down this baby was a blessing to us, my talk with my mum last night helped me see that.

I wanted to stay here in bed with him, and watch him wake up, but I knew how much shows exhausted him and he wouldn't be up for at least another hour, so I took this opportunity to get up and shower.

I had lost track of time in there, I spent majority of it just standing under the water and thinking about how to approach this conversation with Harry, and it felt like a good hour had escaped me in there.

Once I was satisfied with the thoughts I had gathered up in my head, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself and made my way back into my bedroom. I had forgotten where I was, and that all my clothes were at my apartment. I opened my cupboard to see all my teen clothes I had left behind.

My fashion sense back then was questioning, it consisted of fluffy sweaters, bell bottom jeans and some of the ugliest halter neck tops I had seen. Nothing in here would even fit, let alone look like I was from this decade. I'd have to go raid Sam's closet and hope she had left some clothes behind.

As I turned to leave the room, my side vision had caught Harry sitting up in bed looking at me, like he was observing me. We hadn't left each other on the best of terms yesterday, so he was probably trying to analyse what type of mood I had woken up in.

"Hey, I mean, good afternoon, ah, morning sorry," I mumbled out like an idiot. I cursed myself for messing that up, why was I mixing my words up in front of him like I hadn't woken up next to him a hundred times before?

"Good morning," he chuckled, and threw the sheets off himself revealing his toned tanned body. When I first met Harry he was extremely fit, and very well toned. He had let himself go a little while we dated, he still had some muscle, but I remember constantly poking his love handles he had developed due to lack of exercise.