Chapter 30

Harry's POV

Today had been a long, exhausting, emotional roller coaster.

It started off extremely shit, with this stupid newspaper article hanging over my head. I knew I screwed up last night by telling Ashton she was pregnant, but when you get so worked up, you forget where you are and you say what you feel.

I was hoping Kim would have managed to kill the rumours. I had gotten text upon text from people asking me if it was true that Jen was pregnant, one of them coming from Niall.

I couldn't lie to him, so I just didn't respond. I didn't respond to anyone, I didn't have the energy for it. I was in no way ashamed my girlfriend was pregnant, I would scream it to the world, but I knew once it came out I would get lecture after lecture, telling me I can't do it.

Sometimes I wish I could just take Jen, and move to some kind of island away from everything, and the only people welcome on it were family and friends.

I loved my job, and I understood the media attention came along with it, but sometimes it just got too much to handle, especially when the person I love and care most about is at the centre of the headlines.

To say I was pissed off that they even suggested Ashton was the father, was an understatement. How insulting to Jen for starters, and to even think Ashton's name would be brought up in the paternity of my child, made my blood boil.

I was just glad Jen had calmed down, and let me explain. Nothing scared the shit out of me more than when she shuts me out, and doesn't want to talk to me. I was losing my mind in her room waiting for her to come out.

I hated that my profession did this to her, especially now in the critical stages of her pregnancy when she didn't need the stress. By the sounds of it, even more was going to be inflicted on her when this magazine article comes out on Monday.

But for right now I was happy to have seen my sister get married earlier. I didn't agree to the relationship in the beginning, but I know how happy he makes her, and that's all I want for her.

I was bothered Jen knew about this, and didn't tell me, but I had gotten over it. Being the pain in the arse that I am though, I found this to be the perfect little opportunity to get back at her for this morning, and pretend like I was furious with her. It was mean, but I wasn't going to be too mean with her.

"Do you want to dance?" She asked me, the first words she had said to me since I told her I was disappointed she hadn't told me about the wedding, just before the ceremony commenced.

"I guess," I shrugged, like dancing with her wasn't one of my favourite things in this world. The way she rested her head on my chest, and I could just hold her and sway to the beat of the music, it was the little things about being in a relationship that made me crave being in one so badly.

She took my hand and lead me to where everyone else was dancing to Edwin McCains 'I'll Be'. I loved this song, and dancing to it with Jen would make me love it all the more.

"Are you still mad at me?" She looked up at me, her hands tied together around my neck. She looked so beautiful tonight, no different really to any other day.

"I'm not mad, I told you I'm disappointed. You kept the fact they were together from me in the beginning, and now you kept this from me too. Where is your loyalty?" I felt bad for being a dick, I knew I wouldn't be able to keep this up for long, I loved her too much to even pretend to be mad.

"It's with you! You know it is! I only found out about it this morning Harry! We had bigger things to deal with than me telling you about something you would find out later that day. I'm sorry I didn't tell you!" She pleaded her case, and I wanted to kiss her and tell her it was fine, but of course I didn't. I kept playing my game with her.