Convention

".......?..."

"y/n?...."

"Y/N?"

"Y/N!!"
You jolted upwards in your bedroom back at the Emperor's castle. the sheets sliding off your body, sweat dripping off your face snd holding your chest feeling your heart hammer like a drum. Lilith stood beside the bed with a puzzled look
"Amity hit you hard with that blast, you had several broken ribs and a fractured hip and I had to perform a healing spell to Fix you. Are you alright?"
She asked
"I'm..fine..."
You sighed and lowered your head remembering everything
"...you hesitated. Why?"
Asked Lilith
You looked at Lilith, about to speak but hesitated again, remembering exactly you hesitated at the last moment when fighting Amity.
"........"
"Fine, then I'll just read into your mind-"
Lilith raised her hand about to casts mind warping spell, but she was taken off guard when all of a sudden you grabbed her wrist before she could even cast the spell.
"Y/N!"
Lilith looked wide eyed at you
"Don't. I don't want you in my head, Lilith."
"But, how can I?-"
"Sometimes there are things that people go through in life that they really don't comfortable talking about, okay? When you told me to 'take the shot' I just....I..."
you let go of her and sighed
"I...really don't want to talk about what happened, it's really personal and traumatic for me. At least, I'm not ready to tell you now."
You said
"....I understand, Y/N. You should really just rest for now, we shall meet for dinner later."
Said Lilith then standing back up and walking to the door
"But right now, I have an important matter I must take care of. The convention is today. Please, do stay in bed and rest, for my sake."
Said Lilith then closing the door behind her
You looked away rubbing your neck, then later glancing at the Wyvern egg still sitting there in the custom nest Lilith made for it.
A minute later the door creaked open and Kikimora came in
"Greetings, Y/N, I bring you refreshments from the Emperor."
The little demon woman said holding up a tray with the finest soda beverage of the boiling isles along with warm meat.
"Ah...thank you."
You said as you began to chow down
"So, how have you been enjoying your stay in the boiling isles?"
Asked Kikimora
"It's been good. Honestly this beats the hell out of my earth life."
You said
"Yes. Say, have you heard about the convention ? Lilith is there"
Said Kikimora
"Uh no, actually I haven't really."
You said
"You know you are welcome to go if you wish, after all we don't need for any missions to capture criminals."
Said Kikimora
"Actually, you know what, I think I might. Probably because eating makes me feel better."
You said
"Well then, you best be in your way then. Oh, and if by any chance you happen to see the owl lady, do inform us of her whereabouts. If you manage to capture her or even live to tell about it that is."
Said Kikimora as she then exited the room
"Wait, the owl lady?..."

________

Meanwhile...

You were on your way to the convention dressed in your black coven mask with your black plague doctor looking mask, equipped with several weapons and gadgets you crafted in the castle with iron and steel. You were intimidating in public, and nobody suspected you were human because of your hood and mask covering your human features, namely your ears. You actually began to think, since you were a honorary blacksmith back home, maybe that construction coven could be the next coven you could learn from.
You made it to the convention, walking inside seeing hundreds of different coven stands all around with civilians of the boiling isles there, you eventually came across a fellow coven guardsman
"Excuse me, but can you point me to the direction of madam Lilith ?"
You asked
"Oh, Ms. Clawthorne is in the arena with Amity Blight! She's being challenged to a witches duel from a...I think a human?"
You left and entered the fighting arena. You looked over behind the pillar looking down at the arena below amongst all the crowds of people cheering and chattering about what was about to happen. You looked over and saw Lilith and her prodigy Amity standing over the arena, and saw an older looking witch woman and a young girl there, though It was hard to make out who they were from where your standing.

"Whoa."
You looked amazed by the light show as random kid in a crowd shouted
"Witches duel !"
As Lilith and the other witch began to battle you then took notice of Amity's opponent exiting the arena, you were surprised when you got a closer look at her through your binocular vision built into your mask, you noticed the shape of her ears.
"Who...is she a human !?"

Next Chapter : Meeting the Owl Lady and Luz the Human.