19

Jennie POV

"Kuku." I whined as I felt him wake me up with tiny kisses. Tomorrow I was leaving to my parents house for Christmas and I was nervous seeing as I haven't been there since I became a trainee.

It wasn't because I couldn't, it's because I couldn't face the amazing people next door that lost their trust for me. I don't think I could ever forget the look of disappointment on Marcos face, or the way Chittip looked at me from Lisa's window.

But I deserved it. But just like with Lisa, I don't care how long it will take, I'll prove it to them.

I sat up and checked my phone, grinning when I saw a message from Lisa that said she missed me. I checked the traffic time to the campus and saw it wasn't busy, maybe I should just go hang out with her for a bit before I had to pack for tomorrow.

I got into the shower and changed for the day, making sure to spray my hair with the Moroccan oil I bought at Sephora the other day.

I heard Kuma barking as someone knocked on my door. I knew it wasn't Rosé since she went to Melbourne for the weekend, a prepaid first class trip by yours truly as her Christmas gift. Then I got excited, maybe it was Lisa!

I ran to the front door, practically yanking it open but I felt my blood run cold when I saw not my Lisa, but the older version of her.

"H-Hi Chittip," I led her inside from the cold air and she thanked me. "Can I get you anything to drink?"

"Water if you could please?" Wow, her tone wasn't angry or anything but gentle. Maybe she'll pull out the gun when my backs turned? Then I scolded myself, I shouldn't be thinking the worst in Lisa's mom when she would be valid to be angry towards me. I was just confused why she popped up after all this time.

I handed her the glass of water as she sat down at my kitchen table, putting her purse on the seat next to her. She took a drink before smiling softly at me.

"I bet you're confused as to why I'm here." Yup. "Jisoo accidentally let it slip that Lisa had been planning to spend the day with you before she came home. I was really shocked, thinking my daughter possibly met a different Kim Jennie, but when I gave her the tone, she confirmed it was you. Please don't be upset with Jisoo."

"I'm not." It was the truth, if anything I should send Jisoo something in thanks for telling her because I sure as shit couldn't. "I'm assuming you're here to question what's going on with us? Or possibly tell me to stay away from Lisa?"

"No no. Jennie when you left for YG, your mom constantly tried coming over for the two weeks after to talk to me or even to Lisa. Of course I was upset for my daughter, never before had I ever seen her so broken. I never hated you, it just proved what you two had, have, is real."

"My mom went to talk to you?!" Okay I'm stepping up my moms gift.

"She did," Chittip smiled at me as she took another drink. "I had refused to talk to her but when I realized I was being immature, I allowed her in. Of course we both defended our daughters, but she was right, in a way you were protecting Lisa. Lisa was able to focus on classes and her dancing, she wouldn't have been able to if she was waiting for a text or call from her extremely busy girlfriend."

"But I was also selfish. I selfishly wanted my record before being an idol to be squeaky clean. I should've realized from the start that the people who went to school with us wouldn't have allowed that. I'm just glad no one thought to take pictures of Lisa and I during high school."

"Yes thankfully. I will admit Jennie, I do follow your Instagram and it scares me for her and for you. You're so young and so famous, if people found out about you two, it could be dangerous because I know my daughter, she'd rather eat glass than have a bodyguard."

"That's why I let her choose what happens between us. I love her and understand I messed things up for us. I decided our fate for us when it should've been a conversation. I do get scared someone will one day do something to her, but she's reminded me she's a grown adult that can choose for herself. I owe her this."

Chittip smiled and reached into her purse. She pulled out a stack of envelopes and slid them to me. "The fan mail we never had the courage to send. I know you must think me and my husband hate you, but we understand why you did what you did. It sucked seeing our baby in a depression, but she grew strong from it. Her wanting to try with you just proves my daughter loves someone."

I got off my seat and ran to hug her, feeling a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I wouldn't have been upset if Lisa's parents hated me, I would try showing them how much I care for them and Lisa.

"We're so proud of you, honey." She rubbed my back as she hugged me. I felt like crying from how sincere and motherly she sounded to me. "We always knew you had it in you."

She kissed my forehead as she had me sit down next to her. "I figured I should come here before I forgot to mention you'll be having dinner with us on Christmas with your mother. Fair warning however, Marco is the same way as me, adores you still, but Bam has been Lisa's protector since she was born. He may not be too kind but I'd never let him overstep. Speaking of, I must get back and prepare the house."

"Thank you. Oh! Did you drive here?"

"No honey, I had a taxi called."

"I'm going to send a car to take you home," she went to object, "please. I want to. It's really no trouble."

"Thank you," she smiled at me as I pulled out my phone.

To Driver Boi: Oppa can you please bring the car around?

Driver Boi: Right away, Miss Kim.

"He should be two minutes." I said as she had gotten up and looked at the walls in awe. Most of my favorite photo shoots and events go on that wall. I couldn't want to show them my merchandise room and I wanted to take a picture at every single show when I have my first concert.

I wanted to post it around my merchandise room to how my Jensetters that I do appreciate them with everything I am. I wouldn't have all that I do without them and their support. I should probably go live just to interact with them for an hour.

Lili: I'm coming over. We need to talk, urgently.

To Lili: I swear to god if this stresses me out only for you to ask "does pineapple belong on pizza" I will punch you in the throat.

Lili: How about you just wrap your hand around my throat ;)

To Lili: I am NOT getting into this with your mother here.

Lili: MY MOM IS WHAT?! *speeds to 80MPH

To Lili: If you don't slow down, I'm making sure you get nothing more than a cheek kiss until 2019!

Lili: Fine. Be there soon. *now fucking slow at 50mph

I also got a text from my driver saying he was here so I led Chittip outside, thanking her for the talk as she got into the car. I told him to the address and to make sure to drive extra safe with her.

I went back inside to my apartment, shivering at how cold it was today. I skipped to my kitchen, kimchi rice sounding good. I grinned as I started cooking, knowing Lisa would want some whenever she got here.