39

Jennie POV

"How could you even ask that of me?" I hissed quietly at Rosé as I held Lisa's hand. She still hadn't woken up but it's only been a day. I never left, scared she would wake up and think I left her. But now Rosé was telling me I had an interview scheduled in two hours.

"Because this is business, Jennie. Lisa wouldn't want you to walk out on career schedules while she was still asleep. Look, I'll tell them only thirty minutes and Jisoo will stay with Lisa okay? She'll be fine."

I looked at my sleeping angel, her chest rising and falling while the monitor kept beeping. But it was doing much more than that. As long as it kept beeping, hope filled me that my Lili would be fine.

"Fine. But I want guards too to be outside the door and no one but Jisoo and doctors can come and go. I also want one to accompany Jisoo if she leaves anywhere. Any news on the old manager?"

"Apparently he went back to Seoul, probably hoping to escape but YG entertainment already alerted authorities where he is. He's been fired and arrested, your lawyer and Yang want to meet with both you and Lisa when we go back."

"Our scheduled flight back-"

"I already changed it for an extra two weeks for you in case she doesn't wake up by Monday. We just have to break it to Jisoo that she has to return to Seoul with me while Lisa stays here to recover."

"And my schedule is cleared right?" She nodded and I went to give her a hug. "Thank you for everything. Where's Jisoo?"

"She's coming back from the hotel. She wanted to shower and change before staying with Lisa." I nodded and she handed me a bag to go change in the restroom. I felt guilty when I came out to leave.

"I want a moment please." Rosé nodded and left the room as I went to give Lisa's cheek a kiss. "I have to go somewhere but I'll be back, baby. When I come back I won't leave ever again okay? I promise." I desperately wished the tube wasn't down her throat so I could kiss her, but she needed it.

"I love you." I kissed her forehead and hand, before leaving out the room. I looked at the two guards, "If a hair on her head is harmed, I'll make sure you end up at the bottom of the Gold Coast. Am I clear?"

They nodded and Jisoo gave me a hug before going into Lisa's room. I followed Rosé out to the car as she told me how she would be filling in as my manager until YG gives me options to choose from.

I put on a fake smile as I met with the talk show host, Bella. She made sure I was fine doing the whole interview in English and they handed me an iced coffee that I had requested before the show.

I put on the headset and nodded to her when she asked if I was ready. The interview was nice, she avoided questions about Lisa's accident that's been trending since yesterday. She asked me questions about what's to come for my career, questions that fans have asked, and to ask how I was doing here in Australia.

"Thank you so much for not asking about the whole accident." I said to Bella as I gave her a quick hug. "It's still really fresh to me."

"I'm just thankful you even showed up. I would've understood completely if you didn't want to come today. The least I could do is respect yours and Lisa's privacy."

I told Rosé to make a note to remind me to post about her later on my Instagram, she was really sweet and considerate. We stopped to pick up some food from McDonalds.

"In Australia it should be illegal to call Maccas, McDonald's." Rosé pouted as we walked towards Lisa's room. The guards still standing there and I handed them a bag of food each, thanking them for today as I excused them.

"Food!" Jisoo skipped over, doing a small happy dance as she grabbed the chicken nuggets. "Doctors took the tube out, she only needed it for 24 hours and they said if you felt okay with a nurse giving Lisa a bath."

"No. I'll do it." Jisoo nodded and we finished eating as I took the chair next to Lisa. "You guys should go tour around Melbourne. Rosie, you mentioned how your moms been dying for you to come over."

"But Lisa-"

"Lisa would want her best friends to enjoy this vacation." I gently cut off Jisoo, who looked conflicted. "Rosé doesn't live far from here. If anything happens I'll call okay? Now go have girlfriend time."

They gave me a hug before leaving the room. I opened my phone and called my personal bodyguard. "Benji? Please follow Rosé and Jisoo, give them appropriate space of course but just keep an eye on them for me."

I hung up and a nurse walked in, smiling at me as she checked over Lisa's vitals. "She's a strong one, isn't she? Her vitals look really good. Earlier Miss Kim said she'd ask about the bath. It's really a sponge bath for Miss Manoban."

"Yes she told me. I'd like to be the one to do it." The nurse nodded and said she would have them bring me the stuff. I spent time making sure to clean every part of Lisa, being very careful not to get water on her stitches and I even brushed out her bangs like she always does.

I poured the water in the tub, putting the stuff away as I went back to sit with Lisa. I held her hand, now getting angry at the bastard for what he did to my Lisa.

I heard my phone ringing and saw it was BamBam calling.

Hello?

How is she? We're all worried here.

Lisa's breathing tube got removed and her vitals are good.

Mom says if she needs any therapy so we could start the process

They won't know until she wakes up. I was told she didn't break anything but her head was injured and she has stitches on her arm.

How are you? Are you okay?

I felt tears well up but pushed them away. This wasn't about me, I needed to be strong for her.

I'm fine. Worried but she needs me, I won't leave her side.

Jennie? Thank you. Let me know if you need anything okay? We love you girls

I will and we love you guys too.

He hung up and I looked over at Lisa, laying my head down on the bed as I clutched her hand. "I miss you."