Chapter 4

Sang's P.O.V.

Everybody's staring at each other, none of them really understanding what's happening.

"Sang, you've been apart of the Academy all this time?," Axel asks.

I laugh sarcastically. "Right now is not the time to question me on my whereabouts the last few years," I turn to Phil, " I can't do this right now. Can we just continue, please?"

"I'm not really sure what's happening. Is this going to be a conflict of interest?," he asks the two of us.

I shake my head, "Not for me." Fucking stupid, I should have said yes. I could get on a plane and go somewhere else. Take a different mission and let another Bird take my place. On the other hand, I shouldn't let personal feelings get in the way of this. I came here to do a job.

Axel shakes his head, but doesn't say anything.

I can feel his eyes on me as I try to avoid eye contact. Instead I look at the other members of his team, "Well, now you are some of the few in the Academy who know my real name. I'm Sang Sorenson."

           "Alright," the next one says, looking very confused, "I'm Gabriel." He has brown hair with dyed blonde streaks in the front, shaped eyebrows and crystal blue eyes. He has a couple of rings on each hand, and studs in both ears, while his right ear also has three extra earrings going along the tip.

     The next boy has short reddish-brown hair, a stern face, and serious blue eyes. "I'm Nathan."

Next to him is a huge guy. He has an olive complexion with deep black glossy hair, and deep brown, almost black, eyes. "Silas," he says with some sort of European accent.

"I'm Victor." He has soft brown hair thats brushed back from his face and intense brown eyes. He has a neck chain with a round silver medallion that has something engraved on it.

       I try to focus on each of them, but my mind keeps wandering to Axel. He's Academy, so he did his training here and he remained here when his training was done. That thought seems to piss me off even more.

          I force myself to focus again. The one next to Victor has fair skin, light brown hair and green eyes hidden behind a pair of black-rimmed glasses. "I'm Kota."

        I narrow in on the next two hands that are interlocked. Obviously the two are a couple. One is large with many tattoos, brown hair, and brown eyes. "I'm Raven," he says in a Russian accent. The one he is holding hands with has tanned skin, short blonde hair, and cerulean blue eyes. "I'm Corey," he smiles. The two seem to be exact opposites.

Next to Corey is his twin. They are identical, but the other ones eyes seem a bit sadder. "Brandon," he says.

Now that introductions are over, Phil hands out files to each of us, he says, "Alright, boys you already know your covers," he looks at me, "To avoid suspicion, they've been hired randomly over the last few weeks. Unfortunately, the owner, Ian Collins, doesn't really interact with the boys as much. So we decided to bring in a Bird."

"So, I need to try and get close with Ian? Get him to trust me?"

"Yes, but also the other bottle girls and the regulars. We have no idea who all could be involved in this, so just be careful."

I nod, seems easy enough. Phil continues, "Your interview is tomorrow. Ian seems to hire mainly based off of looks, so just keep that in mind."

"So don't go in tomorrow looking like this?," I laugh.

"It would probably be best if you dressed up just a little. And hide the black eye," Phil says.

        "Where did you get the black eye anyways?," Luke asks.

"During my most recent mission, the guy we were after beat me up a little," I shrug, "Okay, he kicked my ass because I kept mouthing off, but we caught him so that's all that matters."

        "Getting back to the mission," Phil says, "Included in your file Sang is everything you need for your current identity. Have it memorized for your interview tomorrow."

      "Alright, I can do that. But what if he decides to not hire me?," I ask.

        "I don't think you'll have a problem with that. Your cover story will help, if he even asks about your background. Just be nice, but confident. No mouthing off."

       I nod, "Okay, got it."

        "Your interview will be at ten-thirty. When you get there, use the back entrance," he tells me and I nod again.

"Alright," he says, looking around at everyone, "Any questions?"

        When nobody answers, Phil nods, "Alright, I guess we're done for today."

      I nod and stand up, ready to get the hell out of here. "Sang," Axel calls out.

       I turn around, not wanting to discuss this now. I'm mad and I know I'll say something I regret if I stay. Before I can make it out the door, an hand is on my arm, stopping me from walking. "Sang, can we please just talk?"

Before I can process what I'm doing, I rear back and punch Axel right in the jaw. He lets go of my arm and stumbles back in surprise.

        Someone laughs and I hear Gabriel, I think, say, "Shit, what did you do?"

     I storm out before he can stop me this time.

      Axel's P.O.V.

              Dr. Roberts hands me an ice pack for my jaw. He looks a little amused. "Look, I don't know what happened between you two, but I suggest you fix it."

         "Trust me, I'll try."

           He leaves the rest of us in the room and I hold the ice to my jaw. She sure knows how to pack a punch.

        After all these years of looking for her, I never thought I would see her again this way. Hell, I never thought I would see her again at all, but I always hoped I would.

      She's just as beautiful as the last time I saw her, even more so now. And now that she's not stuck in that house, it's evident in more ways than one that she's much healthier now.

     "Care to explain what just happened, Mr. Toma?"

      I sigh, not sure how I'm going to tell my brothers that I am a colossal idiot. "Sang and I grew up together. We were inseparable and then we started becoming something more. We really never got the chance to talk about it, I didn't want to push her. And then I was arrested. The Academy found me and I just left. I didn't tell her anything."

       "You left her? You are fucking dumb," Raven laughs. North gives him a look and Raven shrugs, "What? She's hot. We were all thinking it."

       I roll my eyes and continue. "I was eighteen and stupid. I thought if I just got my shit together, I could go back for her when she was eighteen and figure everything else out when we were back together. But when I went back she was gone. I had no idea what happened to her and then I found out she was a Ghost," I shake my head, "She's never going to forgive me. If I had known that she was a Ghost, I would have immediately gone back for her. I just didn't want her stepmom calling the cops and causing more trouble for her."

"Yeah, it was a pretty shitty thing to do," Luke nods.

"Thank you, really. I had no idea," I say.

"Just give her some time," Corey says, "You have the time to fix things now. This job could last for months."

        I nod. Fuck, I hope I can fix this.