Chapter 21

Sang's P.O.V.

       "This is quite a change of scenery," I say awkwardly.

       "It's a jail cell," North says.

          "Excuse me for trying to put a positive spin on things," I say. "And it's a holding cell, actually."

He grunts, but doesn't say anything. He's pissed. All three of us are, and I know the others are too. This situation is completely unfair.

         I adjust my head on Raven's thigh. When I woke up this morning, this is not how I thought my day would go. All fifteen of us were actually having a good day, until that bitch ruined it.

Confused? I should probably catch you up.

      Earlier This Morning.

"I'm sorry, you told Coaltar what now?," Gabriel asks.

"He already found out about the Academy," I defend myself. "But he was jumping to conclusions and he would expose all of us. It was the right call to just tell him everything."

After I came back upstairs last night, I convinced North to just go to bed so we could all talk about it in the morning. So as soon everybody woke up, I had the pleasure of explaining what happened last night, excluding a few unimportant details.

       "And this hacker friend of his?," Axel asks, "Did he mention a name?"

        "He did say a name," I pause to think for a moment. "Doyle. That's all he said about him."

       "I don't like this," North shakes his head. "I don't trust him."

         "Okay, guys I know this isn't ideal, but has he really given us any real reason to not trust him?" I say, "The only thing we had was him meeting gang members, but he had a pretty good reason for it. And proof of what he was doing."

       "Okay, so he's getting drugs off the streets," North says, "But that doesn't mean he's trustworthy."

       I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

       "Why would he be looking into all of us anyways?," Brandon asks.

       "Turns out he didn't buy the whole pornstar thing," I say.

"Shocker," Gabriel shakes his head.

        "I was already going to be working with him on this technically, so it's not like much has changed," I point out, "He's just in the know now."

       "Have you told Dr. Roberts?," Axel asks.

       "I'm meeting him at the hospital tomorrow to discuss it," I nod. "And hopefully he'll have good news about Sophia."

       "Has she texted you?," Corey asks.

        "Oh, yeah," I nod. "She texted me after I had fallen asleep last night. She's having some trouble sleeping right now."

       It breaks my heart. I hope Phil finds somebody to take care of her soon. She deserves somebody who is willing to put in the work to take care of her.

      "About Mr. Coaltar," Mr. Blackbourne redirects the conversation. "You're right. It was better for him to know the full story rather than him exposing us. I also agree with Mr. Taylor, though. We have no way of knowing his true intentions."

       I don't think anything I say will make them trust him, I guess only time will tell. And it's fair I guess, he was somebody we were investigating, but I trust him.